Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I tried a search for this but didn't come up with anything, apologies if it's been posted before.)

I have an 03 600RR with about 45,000 kms on it, I've had it for two years. The fuel gauge worked great up until the beginning of this season when it started to go all wonky. It started out just reading inaccurately, it would say that I was almost out of gas when I still had half a tank, or it would go up and down all the time, stuff like that.

I just took a trip that was about 3500 kms of mostly highway driving and I noticed it starting to go crazy. The bars will start flashing in a pattern, lighting up from the middle of the "stack" and then going out in a definite pattern. This will carry on anywhere from a few minutes to pretty much the whole ride, and then it will randomly stop and go back to it's normal (albeit inaccurate) reading.

I don't think it's the float because it will read all over the map, up and down and full and empty which makes me think that there is some electrical issue or a bad sensor or something. Anybody have this problem before?

·
Registered
805 Posts
check your connections for an open circuit around the meter harness or the float wiring.

sounds like a poor signal from a bad connection.

worst case scenario: buy new mainboard for the cluster

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
whoa. stop. hold on.

that pattern indicates no signal from the float sensor. just check the connection to make sure it's solid. if it is and you're still getting the fuel gauge pattern, replace the fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts