Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please show me the proper way to route the wire harness that connects to the headlights? This is how it sits on my bike now, and I dont think this is correct.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Haha like I could remember the "correct" way after so many times on and off. What's wrong with that?

I did look up the shop manual for you though, and it shows that the white connector in the middle actually hangs on the black clip that is all the way on the very right edge of your picture, which is on the back of, and the very right of the headlight assembly. Though if the green and white wires in your picture are the headlight wires, it doesn't look like you'd have the slack to move the connector over there, and I don't know why that would be.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The whole wiring harness for the speedo has a little slot that it goes onto. That slot is on the fairing piece that is the bottom of the front cowl. If you install that piece then pull the harness over and clip it in it will be much closed to the headlight. Close enough to take that headlight harness and put it in the holder on the back of the headlight...Hard to explain...

·
Registered
820 Posts
what the hell is wrong with your bike my wiring is one the other side and my raditor cap is attached to the radiator? what year is this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what the hell is wrong with your bike my wiring is one the other side and my raditor cap is attached to the radiator? what year is this?
Thats why I posted the picture so that you can tell me whats wrong with it. The bike is a 2007, and I think the radiator and hoses are fine, you must have some type of additional modification on your bike.

No bar ends?
I need a new set, got one for sale?

Rushkie, and Thoroughbred thank you very much for the help, Im putting the fairings on this week, and I think I understand what your saying.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have an '09 and my wiring is that way. And these guys are correct, there should be a clip that you can hook that big connector to in the front by the headlights... if in fact this is an '09

1 - 9 of 9 Posts