Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I was..
On my way to pick up my daughter in my wifes cage and noticed all the bikes that were going along the road (76) Well a yellow RR passed me. The guy was wearing t-shoes, shorts and a t-shirt. So I am like what an idiot especially since he was lane splitting. Then I go up about another half mile and there is a guy on a black and silver RR with a t-shirt and jeans playing around coming out of the light. So I go up a little further and a Gixxer passes me up and guess what. He had on all his gear. So whats up guys? Are we going to let the squids out there make us look stupid? Maybe it was some one on the board or just a newbie. Just wanted to vent :argue: :cursin:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Was it hot? Because I find it really really hard to put on my jacket when it's 102 degrees outside like it was today in L.A.

I still do though because I've seen too many pictures of bad things happening to people when their gear wasn't on them... :???:

·
Registered
257 Posts
dude,

leave him alone...each person has his toleration of what he wants to wear...gear or not....if you wear all your gear and it makes you uncomfortable, how will that person enjoy riding?

i say....wear your gear or not, just be aware of the responsibility and consequence.

i wear all my gear...but for those who dont....to each his own. :idea:

·
Registered
485 Posts
unfortunatly you can't save people from themselves. i have a summer jacket (joe rocket mesh/leather) but i was in a full suit this weekend, sweating my nuts off, but i wore it anyway. some people just can't be told though. but it was friggin hot today.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it may be hot but I like many of you have been down. I would rather sweat my butt off than to loose it to the asphalt.
Damn I am starting to sound old....

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go and use the excuse I was hot when you are picking gravel out of all of your limbs cuz you werent wearing the right gear. And they definatly arent going to enjoy riding when they have gravel wedged up there a$$

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I always wear my gear no matter what and it gets very hot in Australia. You can purchase this cooling vest which goes under your jacket and it keeps you really cool.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Cummo, do you have a link to the cool vest?

I saw a kid on a brand new zx636 on Sunday, no gloves, sneakers untied, shorts, tanktop and his helmet wasn`t even strapped on! He commented on my bike while we were at a red light and I mentioned that now that he has a nice bike he should consider some gear to go with it. He looked at me like I had 3 heads.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I often find it ironic when people try to justify why they dont where gear. I think most people must just completly ignore the risk when I know in th back of there mind they are thinking about it. Just think which is more dangereous a race track or the streets and freeways?

P

·
0 Posts
The worse is this past weekend when I was riding home from the Sears Point races...there I was in my full Aerostich cruising the highway when I come up on a dude waering jeans and a t-shirt, no gloves on a ZX-7 or 9. Even worse yet, he had a girl on the back with shorts and a t-shirt on! When I pulled up to them on the freeway, they waved so I waved back...but I also looked right at them, pointed at the young lady, pointed to my legs, and nodded my head and waved my fingers like naughty, naughty! I mean, I'm sorry to butt in and I know I should probably mind my own business...freedom of choice right? But man, I would hate to see something happen to them! They sped off going well above the legal speed limit. How do I know? Hmm...they were going faster than me... :neutral:

H

1 - 20 of 33 Posts