Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ive been using the search forum for a while now trying to find out some 1/4 times from people but no luck. Im looking to take my bike up the the drag soon im really curios to see what it will run in the 1/4. could you guys post me some of your times so i can see what everyones running? thanks

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That depends on what you have done to your bike and the rider.
Well thanks CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, of couse its gonna depend on the rider and the bike............................................................BUT...........
I think he was just asking some people to post some times so he could get an idea of what the RR will run. I personally have only done the 1/4 in my cages although I have heard the RR will do 12.50 stock if you can cut a good light and shift properly!! Hopefully some others will chime in with some times........

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
What does it matter? The RR isn't a drag bike so it's 1/4 mile time is irrelevant. It's not like you bought it to run the 1/4.. did you?

But, to contribute to your post, the last RR I saw go down at the strip did mid 11's at 120'ish or something. I have no idea, I wasn't really paying attention. And I'm pretty sure the rider weighed less than 100 pounds.

·
Registered
783 Posts
How is the 1/4 mile time irrelevant, in a thread that is asking for 1/4 mile times??? Seriously people!!!!!

Last one I saw was 11.8 @ 118. No idea what the mods were though

·
Registered
753 Posts
This site has some amazing numbers, but they don't give much info on setup, so take them with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have done 11.35 at 126mph (stock)

If you are a pro and if you can get a really good launch the stock bike is capable of of doing the 1/4 in 10.6 @ 135mph

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
with a pro and a good launch these are mid 10sec bikes...but they're not meant for the drag strip

·
Registered
454 Posts
I personally have only done the 1/4 in my cages although I have heard the RR will do 12.50 stock if you can cut a good light and shift properly!! Hopefully some others will chime in with some times........
If you're a pro and can handle a 11,000 rpm clutch dump off the line (probably would require a new clutch pack after only a few of those) and keep the wheel down then you can run something from a 10.6 to a 10.8 at ~130mph.

More likely the average guy with some experience will be low 11's

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fast enough .... anyway are u going to start dragging?
Ya im gonna drag it just a bit maybe only 2 times or so this summer just for fun. I dont plan on riding on the track or anything. Bought it mostly just for having fun, something other then my car. I like goin to the dragstrip alot so i might as well enter my bike to have a lil extra fun.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Who here races at the track? If not, you have no reason to tell this guy that he shouldn't drag his bike cause its not made for that. In your logic its also not made for putting around the city.

Good luck at the strip.. I've always thought that the strip would be a good place to work on starts as you cant do that at most trackdays.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
dragracing, utterly boring.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts