Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

So what do you think?

• Better than I had imagined!

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • It's pretty much what I figured it'd be.

Votes: 55 33.3%
  • Very dissappointed. /seppuku =(

Votes: 86 52.1%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on how impressed or let down you guys are. I for one am digging it, except for the same clunky blinkers and the location of the taillight.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
We'll be doing write on these this time next year for the blinkers and taillights.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
:love3: I'm in love with the new bike, my only complaint is no solid color paint scheme. I might not get a 1000rr because of this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like how the body work allows for sliders without cutting, but I don't like how much of the frame is showing towards the bottom of the bike. I also think they need to put a slipper in it from the factory.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
maskale said:
how many 07 threads do we need here, damn.
exactly. come on, everybody has been saying their opinion already in the other 5 threads.... by the way i voted for dissapointed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tiny said:
exactly. come on, everybody has been saying their opinion already in the other 5 threads.... by the way i voted for dissapointed.

Well noone put up a poll so I did. Don't like it? Don't click it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I was planning on being a little disappointed, so I picked the middle option. Honda always underdelivers compared to the other companies, than adds that stuff in during the mid-cycle update. We'll probably get a slipper clutch and some better thought out fairings in 09, plus a little bump in power and a little less weight.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the new 2007 RR. I love the taillight because its so trackable. Just remove the whole thing for the track! And I'd rather have the whole light assembly on the mudflap than have it integrated into the tail section. I would rather have clunky blinkers than super huge rearview mirrors a la Gixxers. Besides, clunky blinkers give room for nice flush mounts, or complete removal for a track bike (instead of having to replace the entire mirror).

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Not my cup of tea.

Jason

·
Registered
267 Posts
It looks like they just borrowed from several different bikes. And made a frankenstein of a bike, which too mee seems a little off balance. Maybe in person it will look better, but I dont know... I request a new design team. :p And a slipper clutch!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Over all I think it looks good. HESD is great... pretty much expected considering the liter bike.

As others have mentioned I see a potential problem FE wise.

Where it dissappoints me is in no slipper and not integrating the turnsigs into the mirrors. I think turnsigs in the mirrors is a no-brainer for added visibility for cagers. But I suppose by taking the design cues from Suzuki... the turnsigs might have been too much the same.

I don't think anyone is going to complain about weight reduction, power increases or shortened wheel base.

In the end, it's a nice bike but I'll be sticking with the '06.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally I like it. I think it will be good and show well. Too bad lot's of RR faithful don't seem to be that thrilled with it, but I bet given a little time the opinions will change. Then we'll all get a close up look in person at one and that trend will continue even more.

Rock on Honda. Very rarely do they ever lay a big egg...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think they did a good job. I like it better visually in comparison to the R6 and GSXR. There are a few things, like what to do with the tail lights. But, as mentioned, that is great for track use. Overall, I'm quite pleased.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm sure it'll be a badass bike and will probably dominate the track with a perfect balance of comfort, performance, neutrality, and rideability. BUT, the looks just totallly kill it for me. And to be honest, choosing a bike these days for me is ALL about looks. There's no way I'd be able to use any of these bikes to their full potential anyway.

The gap between the upper and mid is ugly as sin. The tail light design, though perfect for trackday junkies, is gonna be something that street-riders will grapple with. The instrument panel looks like something off of a Sprint ST, meaning it's all filled in with plastic and reminds me of the old OLD CBRs. Whereas the 03-06s were just empty back there. I personally really liked the gold forks, a splash of color is always nice. I'm also glad they got rid of the sport touring front brake reservoir!

In terms of other goodies. The steering damper is a great addition, I can't see it in any of the pics, but one member did say it didn't look as good as the 1000rr's (for shame, cuz that thing looks awesome). BUUUUUUT, no slipper clutch?! WTF?!

If those things were addressed, it'd be a knockout. But as it stands, I'm glad I got my Daytona 675! Honda really should've just given what everybody wants, a replica of their RCV, just like what Ducati is doing. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get an 05 at a discounted price pretty soon!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts