Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are riding a wheele how do you see where you are going? And dont start flaming me I have never done one on my 600rr. Just woke up at 3 AM and was wondering about it.....

·
Registered
944 Posts
look between your arms. or turn your arms

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Why do you want to see where you are going, the only way to go is up.

OK now for the serious stuff, stand up. Watch 1000 videos of wheelies on youtube and you will figure it out.
loooooooooooooool @ going up !!!!! hahahaa

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stand up, or I've seen some guys scoot their butt to one side and lean their head the opposite way, but don't ask me anything about the specifics, that's just how I assumed they did it.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
The terrorist win everytime you wheelie!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMBO. Well a few years ago there were a few guys that would stand one up running 70 and ride it forever down the freeway. I'm guessing they didn't watch where they were going because I haven't seen them in a while. The few times I tried it on my dirt bike I never could see.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stock teeth its easy to stagger foot and throw it up in second. I've seen it staggered both ways but normally right foot stays on the rear brake and left goes back on passenger.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
You should always be able to see just fine. Even if you're sitting down, you should be able to see just fine. Here's a good example by the way, I'm just casually sitting down.. and for the record, I think wheelies are stupid and lame and I don't do them anymore.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You should always be able to see just fine. Even if you're sitting down, you should be able to see just fine. Here's a good example by the way, I'm just casually sitting down.. and for the record, I think wheelies are stupid and lame and I don't do them anymore.

thats a power wheelie, your wheel is maybe 2' off the ground,
sure you can see now but if you keep learning, eventually you will start wheelying at balance point which are waaay easier/longer/smoother and higher than that in which case you will not be able to see over the front, i look through the fairing along the fork tubes.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
whoooops, forgot to clarify ^^^^ that is for sit-downs only... stand ups are for puzzy's

i often see posts saying wheelies are quidish stupid etc...

i love the feeling you get from diving into a turn with a clean line, smooth throttle and accelerating out the other side almost effortless.

but when you can snatch the front end straight up to balance point and ride an endless wheelie at one steady speed/rpm almost straight up so smooth it almost doesnt look dangerous.....

its a good feeling aswell... only different

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
thats a power wheelie, your wheel is maybe 2' off the ground,
sure you can see now but if you keep learning, eventually you will start wheelying at balance point which are waaay easier/longer/smoother and higher than that in which case you will not be able to see over the front, i look through the fairing along the fork tubes.

If I keep learning lol.. I use to have a cbr 600f2 stunt bike, I know how to do clutch ups man, but I'm not into that **** anymore. I wasn't trying to show an "amazing wheelie pic" here, I was trying to show the OP that you really don't need to move off to the side or off the seat to do a wheelie, especially when you have a clear windscreen. Also, in first, second and third gear by preloading the front suspension you can ride a decently long power wheelie on a 600 without gearing if you're good enough at them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i never said you couldnt do clutch-ups :ponder: ive never seen anyone who can wheelie at balance point do a power wheelie.

i just meant low power wheelies are where someone starts.... and high balance point wheelies are where someone gets quick when your into them and practice and he seems to be into em so

like i said...when your wheely'n (not power wheelies) , you cant see over the front

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Nice wheele by the way..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts