Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you would probably heard the news by now but for those who haven't...enjoy.

--------

MILPITAS (KPIX 5) — A video posted on YouTube shows dozens of stunt-riding motorcyclists popping wheelies at high-speeds on a Bay Area freeway and shrugging off attempts by a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer to pull them over.

The video posted titled “Cop Chases Bikers Then Biker Makes Cop Leave,” was posted Wednesday on YouTube. Investigators said the video shows a group as many as 50 riders pulling stunts at high-speeds on Interstate 680 in Milpitas earlier this month as they approached a CHP motorcycle officer trying to pull over the lead bike, who is pulling a wheelie.

When the officer was unable to pull over the lead bike, another rider passes the officer while pulling a wheelie. The officer then pulled ahead of the group, only to be met by a third rider who yells to the officer, “you’re not wanted.”

“The behavior displayed by the riders on the motorcycles was extremely reckless,” Ross Lee of the CHP told KPIX 5.

The CHP explains, the officer was trying to pull one guy over, and then another. But each time, fellow bikers would move in.

“The officer had been behind these bikes, and trying to make a stop. The riders, as he would get behind one, would move back into a pack and so he was unable to get one of the riders he was attempting to pull over to the shoulder,” Lee said.

After the officer exchanges a few muffled words with the rider he motions with his hand to “cut it out,” and pulls away from the group.

As the officer speeds out of the frame, other riders can be seen pumping their fists in celebration.

“He made a determination and a judgment call based on his own safety as well as the safety of the general public on the road at the time,” Lee said.

No arrests have been made. The CHP said they will be reviewing the video for clues on who exactly was responsible.

The poster of the YouTube video has not responded to KPIX 5’s request for comment Wednesday night.

·
Registered
537 Posts
So it took the idiot a little bit of time to realise that attempting to pull people over whilst they are pulling wheelies is not safe and not in the best interest of everyone involved, including himself, the others stunting and the general public?

·
Registered
24 Posts
people like this ruin it for the rest of us, i had cop run out into the road (on foot) in front of our bikes while we were doing 10 over, putting himself and the group of us in danger due to us having to take evasive maneuvers to stop and not hit him in time. All because he thought we were going to run. it would have been very different if one of us hit him or crashed trying to avoid him.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just sucks because I had to listen to what people say about these dumb azzes. I felt that I could use a paper bag to cover my face at that moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with the fact that these punks do ruin it for biker-kind. I have been ticketed by NYPD just after this type of incident. They were very pissed but I was not even involved!

I was pulled over in a gas station because I saw a fellow biker broken down. Had I not stopped to help, I woulda been fine.

It took me months to fight the tickets (I wasnt even riding, just standing there, no helmet or jacket, bike parked).

Craziness for sure but we as bikers are losing rights due to this low-lifedness.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ Probably get harrassed even more while following them. I would just voice record all the bike's license plate.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hurray! They've finally caught the bastard.

http://m.ktvu.com/news/news/brentwood-man-who-was-part-stunt-riding-motorcycle/nhwm4/

------
KTVU.com

BRENTWOOD, Calif. —

A Brentwood man who was part of a pack of motorcyclists who were executing dangerous stunts riding on Interstate 680 in the South Bay earlier this month has been arrested, according to authorities.

At around 6:25 p.m. Wednesday, CHP investigators arrested 32-year-old Girardeau Singh Khalsa at his residence in Brentwood. CHP said he was the videographer in a video that was posted online showing motorcycle riders driving recklessly and speeding with wanton disregard for public safety.

During the Oct. 11th incident, the motorcycle riders entered southbound I-680 from Montague Expressway in Milpitas and began driving at speeds of 55 to 75 mph amid the sparse traffic on the freeway, Officer Ross Lee said.

Authorities call Khalsa a semi-professional stunt rider. Khalsa has a prolific presence online, posting videos and photos of his exploits. Authorities say those things linked to the video, led police to his identity.

Watch the video here
On YouTube, the video shows 50 stunt motorcycle riders on 680 near Milpitas. They're popping wheelies, standing on their seats and taunting a CHP officer who is trying desperately to pull them over.

"We have every belief that Mr. Khalsa is the videographer and the one taunting the officer and refusing to pull over," said California Highway Patrol Captain Les Bishop.

"Turned into kind of an electric jigsaw puzzle with in many cases, Mr. Khalsa providing us all the pieces," says CHP Captain Jim Libby.

The charges are that Khalsa was an accessory after the fact in the evasion of an officer. They say what happened on the highway that day was so dangerous that it rose to the level of a felony.

"It almost breeds a mob mentality: if enough of us are doing this act, then none of us will get caught," says Capt. Libby.

And while the motorcycle riders got away that day, CHP says their celebration was short-lived. Investigators expect more search and arrest warrants to follow.

"So for people out there who think they're going to commit these kinds of acts, endanger innocent people, think twice. It's not just that officer that you evaded, now you have to evade the highway patrol," says Capt. Bishop.

Khalsa posted bail and was released Thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good deal. I really didn't think they were gonna get away with that especially after posting it on social media. :spank:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well there is no sense being so ******* awesome if you aren't going to post it on social media! Yo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts