Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking to a police officer friend of mine (non rider but likes bikes). He said he was in court last week when a young man was brought to court for several charges of reckless driving. The judge asked the officer what he did. The officer said he was at the red light doing a burnout, then when it changed, he pulled a wheelie approx 1/4 mile. The judge asked the officer if the man ever lost control, drifted out of the lane etc. The offocer replied ...no. Case dismissed :!: The D.A. objected but the judge said he never lost control of the vehicle he can wheelie all he wants. This was questioned and the judge called upon 'case law' in NJ. This precident has been set already. If you get busted for this, fight it! Of course I NEVER reccomend anyone do that on the street. If you do, you better be DAMN GOOD LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
"officer, i sware, it is for my safty that i smoke my tire for 1 minute. It will allow me to be safer on the road " :p

·
Registered
937 Posts
WHOA!!!

Great info.

I need to look up the case. Keep it handy (is in printed and in my trunk) :twisted:

For the record, my wheelies suck. 9 inches off the ground and i freak out. BUT, if i get busted, this bit of knowledge is helpful.

H

·
0 Posts
Thats awesome......especially since i live in jersey....if anyone can get a copy of that case please post or send it to me...thanx.......

·
Registered
379 Posts
well damn wish it was like that is kansas, don't think it is, some kid got pulled over last week for doin a wheelie, they call it wreckless driving and if you do a burnout it is called exhibition of speed, NO **** lol even if your not moving :D

·
Registered
937 Posts
exhibition of speed
I would walk it court with a dictionary and a calculator.

Define Speed: the act or state of moving swiftly : SWIFTNESS b : rate of motion: as (1) : VELOCITY 1, 3a (2) : the magnitude of a velocity irrespective of direction

Define Velocity: the rate of change of position along a straight line with respect to time : the derivative of position with respect to time

In calculus, velocity is the rate of change in distance over time. Burn outs can be done while standing still. If distance is equal to zero, velocity is equal to zero.

There is no denying mathamtics.

In order to exibit speed, you must be traveling along the earth. I've neve heard of a gold medal track runner who stood still to exibit speed. :roll:

Here's one for the American judicial system :bitchslap:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Burning out in cali is a illegal I belive, I seem to remember somthing said about it. As for wheelies if oyu can prove your skillfull enough to do them with extream controll then true it cant be considered reckless driving, but most people dont have that skill =D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts