Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how's someone gather the nads to even attempt one? I've been wanting to try one because I'm quite the adrenaline junkie and I'm sure it'll get it flowing. Is it more of a "just do it" thing or what?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have to be committed to it. This was exactly me about a month ago and now I can get the front wheel up almost whenever I want. Once you get the feel for it, it's not the slightest bit scary once the front wheel comes up. Start out small and work your way up. On my 03 cbr600rr I get to about 8k rpm in 1st, and just pop the clutch really quick. Front wheel comes up a few inches. After you get used to the feel start giving it gas when you pop the clutch. The more gas the higher it will go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
as always, in a wheelie thread. if no one says it.

make sure your covering the rear brake as that is your way out of having a 'real fucked up day'. that is what's going to bring the front wheel down if you accidentally bring it up to far and it's a great habit to have when managing your night of the wheelie.

happy wheelieing

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am far from comfortable doing long and fast wheelies but on my cbr I am relatively comfortable revving 1st gear out to around 9k dropping down to about 7kish and then getting on the gas to bring the front tire up. I am more comfortable with that then a clutch up it just seems more controlled. The down side is that you run out of 1st gear pretty quick. On my zx10 I can just gas it in 2nd or 3rd and it comes up so easily its really confidence inspiring! You may also consider a sprocket swap to help you out with it if you haven't already done that.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I weight 2.5 times less than my bike so I don't have the courage to lift the front end up risking it landing on top of me. I like the way my fairings shine at the moment and I've been talking myself out of damaging the forks and clutch. Don't laugh, but I always thought stoppies are easier than wheelies. It's probably better skill to have than wheelie in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Clutch ups in 2nd is the way to go. Wouldn't recommend powering them, nowhere near as much control.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Search on youtube.... there are quite a few videos on starting wheelies and progressing from 1st gear power ups to 2nd gear clutch ups. Just start small, take your time, and be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts