Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 600rr as my track bike and i am looking for a street bike.

i bought my 05 as a street bike in April of 08. the start of the riding season here (pittsburgh). i got it from a dealer never down not a scratch with 4500 miles. i got it for about 5700. i thought it was an alright deal.

its now going on April 2010. still lots of snow and as people say an economic recession. so i would think a 07 600rr would go for about the same now as an 05 did then + a little for inflation.

i have been on the look out for an 06 r6 or 07 600rr. and i find high millage 10k+ 600rr are going for like 6500+. and 06 r6 are 6000+. this is from private sellers.

what am i overlooking here? how are bikes (r6) 1 year newer, 2-3 times the miles as my cbr, and being sold privately in the winter 2 years latter selling for more than i paid for my bike?

or how are 07 600rr selling for 6500-7000 with so many miles selling at that price. i though maybe it was just an asking price but twice i go look at them and the price is firm.

the dealership on the other side of town are selling new 09 zx6r's for 6999. and people are selling their 06's for 5500+ and their 07 for 6500+?

what the heck is going on? did i get a really good deal on my bike back then and so i am now aware of what bikes really sell for? or are these price high?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm looking fo an 04-05 gxr 600 for my buddy and its going to be his first bike. I noticed those bikes are still selling for a good $5500-$6000 even with higher mileage...so yea, I see what you mean.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe people think becuase they need money that other people have it all to give them? lol. i mean if i can get on 09 zx6r for 7500 out the door i should buy it and sell it for 6000+ in 3 years

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
maybe people think becuase they need money that other people have it all to give them? lol. i mean if i can get on 09 zx6r for 7500 out the door i should buy it and sell it for 6000+ in 3 years
not necessarily...I noticed out of the big 4 that Kawi's have the worst resale value

·
Registered
991 Posts
Prices have gone down. I've seen dealers selling 07's for under 6 grand.
Where in the F*** are you finding that? . I bought my 07' RR last March with 1300 miles for $5200 and a scratch on the right side. But that was after months of whoring myself to craigslist. I dunno whats up, people are just selling high for no apparent reason. All I can say is keep searching hard and you will eventually find something.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
It also depends on what part of the country you're in. So Cal tends to have the highest prices for used bikes IMO and I bought my 08 with 14k miles for $5,000 in Feb of 2009 and my 07' with 12k miles for $5,800 last month. There's no reason that in a cold weather area you should be paying more than that for similar bikes, especially in winter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this a good deal.. I am going to purchase soon if it is.. 2003 CBR 600rr....24,000 miles.... some scratches on body.. two brothers exhaust... $2500.... Have seen the bike before.. Looks very clean.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I bought a spotless 08 cbr 600 with 4000 miles in April of 09 for $5000. Found it here on the forum. :cruising:
damn my butt hurts a lil now:spank: got my 06 with 2500 on it for 7k out the door...stupid stealerships

·
Registered
42 Posts
i bought my 08 with 6000 miles for 5900 out the door. the bike is real clean and had sliders,flush mounts, and a carbon rs5 slipon

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You are seeing people who dont really want to sell their bikes unless they get what they want for it. People who dont need the money... yet. Their price will come down if they really need the money. Otherwise its a crap shoot to see if they get what they want and if not, they keep the bike. I have a friend who does this. Its annoying IMO. If you want to sell it, sell it. If you want to keep it, keep it. Dont have this its always for sale... at the right price mentality all the time. And dont have it up for sale if you are fence sitter. I was trying to find a 00 or 01 GSXR6 or 03ish R6 for a friend and both times I had a sale at a good price, the seller reneged.

The people who put their bike up for a fair price are selling theirs and you dont see them because they go like a shot.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
well a buddy of mine just picked up a 07 with 4200 for $5500(before tax and title and i bought my 06 with 4300 for $5000 a few weeks ago and still got snow on the ground :bs:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You should just buy that kawi for 7k. I've been told the 09 is amazing compared to older models
Don't pay 7K for the ZX6R
they are going for 6.5K here in Austin. The sales guy was begging me to get one with my insurance payout, of course OTD is a little higher with TTL, assembly and crate fees.
My GF scored one for 3,800 OTD trading in her 08 ZZR with 18,000 miles

I ended up getting an '08 Graffiti with 5K miles for 5800, cause I was about 1500 short for the ZX6 and didn't want to finance

The ZX6 is effin sweet. I like her bike as much as I like the CBR

youjusthave to search around, deals are out there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i noticed the same thing around where i live, bikes with 10k ish miles going for around 6k, and bertsmega mall is selling brand nwe 09 gixxers for like less than 9k.... what are people thinking

·
Registered
142 Posts
I dont see why anyone would ever buy any vehicle from a dealer anyway. If its not brand new I mean. I just wont bring myself to be asshumped by those guys. Buy used with low miles and save yourself a couple Gs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i have an 05 600rr as my track bike and i am looking for a street bike.

i bought my 05 as a street bike in April of 08. the start of the riding season here (pittsburgh). i got it from a dealer never down not a scratch with 4500 miles. i got it for about 5700. i thought it was an alright deal.

its now going on April 2010. still lots of snow and as people say an economic recession. so i would think a 07 600rr would go for about the same now as an 05 did then + a little for inflation.

i have been on the look out for an 06 r6 or 07 600rr. and i find high millage 10k+ 600rr are going for like 6500+. and 06 r6 are 6000+. this is from private sellers.

what am i overlooking here? how are bikes (r6) 1 year newer, 2-3 times the miles as my cbr, and being sold privately in the winter 2 years latter selling for more than i paid for my bike?

or how are 07 600rr selling for 6500-7000 with so many miles selling at that price. i though maybe it was just an asking price but twice i go look at them and the price is firm.

the dealership on the other side of town are selling new 09 zx6r's for 6999. and people are selling their 06's for 5500+ and their 07 for 6500+?

what the heck is going on? did i get a really good deal on my bike back then and so i am now aware of what bikes really sell for? or are these price high?
1) It's all about supply and demand

2) Some of those private owners may be asking for what they still owe on the bike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts