Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 03 600rr with 800 miles. Its my first bike so I don't know much about it. When bike is in nutral I pess clutch and put it in 1st gear it moves just little bit (jurk little bit) is it normal or there is someting wrong?

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
^+1, what happens when you put the bike in gear is it takes up the slop in the transmission and the freeplay out of the chain which is why the bike feels like its moving forward and also makes that clunking noise.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
noob question of the year.....we still love you.. welcome to the forum buddy..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know a lot but could it possibly be that the clutch isnt actually engaged all the way?!?!
Thanks to all you guys for inputs.
I was thinks same thing it could be clutch. My clutch is little loos too I have read somewhere here that when you take for 600 miles maintanance Honda guys do someting. I got to fix that but don;t know how to do that.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
put it on a rear stand, engage neutral and rev the crap out of it.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
put it on a rear stand, engage neutral and rev the crap out of it.
Actually a good idea, if the rear tire spins a little it could be that the clutch cable is mis-adjusted somewhere.

However, all bikes do the 'clunk forward' to some degree, since they share engine oil in the clutch area and when you first start the bike the oil is colder and heavier. If you put it into 1st after the bike is warm you should notice that while it still makes the noise it surges forward much less or not at all.

Another question; is the oil fresh? It'd be bad news if it was still running the same oil it had back in '03 when the bike was new, since it hasn't had many miles on it...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Actually a good idea, if the rear tire spins a little it could be that the clutch cable is mis-adjusted somewhere.

However, all bikes do the 'clunk forward' to some degree, since they share engine oil in the clutch area and when you first start the bike the oil is colder and heavier. If you put it into 1st after the bike is warm you should notice that while it still makes the noise it surges forward much less or not at all.

Another question; is the oil fresh? It'd be bad news if it was still running the same oil it had back in '03 when the bike was new, since it hasn't had many miles on it...
well how do u explain this on a bike with a hydraulic clutch, and the front sprocket on all bikes ive sen, SV, Gixxer, R6, 1000RR, 600RR, they all spin with revs in Neutral, if no load is on it.
This is what makes the wheel turn on the the stand.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
well how do u explain this on a bike with a hydraulic clutch, and the front sprocket on all bikes ive sen, SV, Gixxer, R6, 1000RR, 600RR, they all spin with revs in Neutral, if no load is on it.
This is what makes the wheel turn on the the stand.
Ohh, I see then. Didn't know the front sprocket moved anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts