Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i stop at a stop sign or a traffic light, i feel the bike under me swaying left to right, back and forth back and forth. is this because of the idling engine? can not be the gas in the tank splashing inside because swaying is sideways not front to back. if i stop gas would get pushed to the front and then splash to the back of the tank. but this is side to side. and engine rotates transversely unlike a bmw boxster that sways each time you twist the throttle..
are there baffles inside the gas tank to stop splashing???
kambiz vatandoust

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Lol its a bike bro its got 2 wheels. Of course it's gonna rock a lil at a stop. Long as 1 if not 2 feet are firmly planted on the ground it aint goin anywhere

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sounds like your re stabilizing giro reactor is going out. When those things go bad the mechanical motion of the reverse polarized contact pins invert the reaction giving you a negative bias on the giro. Basically it's trying to flip your bike up side down.

Ever seen videos of guys low siding or wheeling over 9 times out of 10 it's due to a bad Giro Reactor. They are pretty cheap to replace.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Sounds like your re stabilizing giro reactor is going out. When those things go bad the mechanical motion of the reverse polarized contact pins invert the reaction giving you a negative bias on the giro. Basically it's trying to flip your bike up side down.

Ever seen videos of guys low siding or wheeling over 9 times out of 10 it's due to a bad Giro Reactor. They are pretty cheap to replace.
I concur, when my 08 RR began to act up I took it in to the dealer. They re-learned the contact pin positions with the scan tool and I was good.

Reactions: Austicus

·
Registered
862 Posts

When was this nifty upgrade implemented? Mine only has di-pole magnetic resonators with reverse voltage amplifiers that I added to increase the reactive moments imposed upon low speed maneuvering. Though I think the engine mites may have chewed through the photometric circuit in the resonators that left me unable to keep upright at lights requiring me to use both feet...

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Squid juice only at Alberstons will solve your issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since this thread went inactive, but I'm having a similar issue with my bike (an 07 that I've had for 4 years).

It's exactly as OP said - when I'm chilling at a stop light, I can feel it swaying ever so slightly. I confirmed this by facing a wall at night and standing the bike upright between my legs without holding tightly, and I could see the lights moving on the wall.

I would just take it to the dealer, but they're not very savvy with these kind of things and so I have to do thorough research before speaking to them. I'm really interested to know more about this giro reactor (or magnetic resonators if mine is an 07?), as stupid as this sounds, does it exist?? I couldn't find any info about it on the internet.

Sorry for the long post and if I've committed any "faux pas" - not very used to typing in forums, just being a fly on the wall!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Go ahead and flame me.......but FWIW?

I suspect what your feeling is a bit of Inline 4 engine vibration.

(IDK correct term.....crank throw?)

This happens with bike at idle rpm's?

do the same test and step up rpm from idle to 2-3-4-5 Krpm and see if the swaying motion increases/decreases?

Should smooth out and go away as rpm's climb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts