Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at powers race rails ( just browsing different cages/rails ) and I was wondering when you install them do they use existing holes drilled for the normal "sliders"?
Like my plastics are drilled for standard sliders, these rails wouldnt fit in those holes right? I would have to drill different holes in the plasitcs?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok,
ignore my previous question. I think what I'm going to is fab up my own set of race rails. At my work I have access to alot of materials that are scrap, and tools etc. So I think this would be a decent project for me to mess with.

what I would need tho ( if possible ) is if someone can measure their rails so I have a starting point for materials. Mainly its the length of the bar that runs parallel with the plastics.

what I'm going to do is mount is to the engine bolts ( where a normal slider would mount to ) and in the swingarm pivot ( is that right? ) Anyway the areas are marked below.

Also, I'm going to incorporate a spring loaded slider similar to that of a tygershark setup. I believe it should work. I'll report back and give you all updates ( for the ones that care, haha )

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing,

When these bolt up, I can just bolt them up directly to the frame/motor right? I dont need spacers? I have been reading and I noticed that some rails have spacers... Again any and all info would be appreciated since I'll be jumping into this project.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i suggest spacers
they take the stress off the frame
and on the one side you have to clear the rectifier, and there is a drop in the frame
spacers are easy to make...just some round stock and a drill bit lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but I have been told over and over today and reading that they arent going to help the bike much in learning wheelies. So I think I'm going to go SI or tygershark

SI is cheaper.. So what ya guys think? SI? or Tyger?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now I just want to wheelie and get those down. and Yeah I see me dropping it.. But Like I said if I'm ging to stunt it and get a cage, I'm going to go all out and street fighter it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.