Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What do you do when it gets 110+
Too hot to ride. Summer is getting closer and temps are sizling.

If I try to ride with short & light T-shirt, I'll be missing safety & be cooked by the sun.

If I put on my gear will be cooked by steam.

What do you do?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Taha said:
Hey guys,

What do you do when it gets 110+
Too hot to ride. Summer is getting closer and temps are sizling.

If I try to ride with short & light T-shirt, I'll be missing safety & be cooked by the sun.

If I put on my gear will be cooked by steam.

What do you do?
I think once it got that hot I`d sit inside my air conditioned house and fire up some good computer racing sims. :D It got up to 100 here last July 4th weekend and I was melting inside my helmet, another 10 degrees and I wouldn`t have made it back.

When it gets that hot here its always like 98% humid too and that makes it almost unbearable.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
LOL... From the subject I thought you were talking about speed not heat...

I haven't had to ride in triple digits yet, but after this weekend I'd def. say ride with gear. You never know when you have a mental slip or some cager forces your hand or you come across some unforseen obstical or situation... Wear under armour under or something similar your gear. It will help keep you cool.

Also like bennyboi said, find places where there are pockets of cooler air. That'll help out a lot too.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've ridden in the triple digits with leather on and as long as you are moving, you are ok. I dont get how people can wear shorts and tank tops in that kind of heat. By the end of the day your skin will be burned from the direct contact with the sun. You'd be a few shades from dark as hell and peeling for the next week when riding in that kind of environment.

·
Registered
423 Posts
perforated leather, textile summer jackets as long as air is moving over you you should be ok . Im with mabbot on the water drink lots of it *L*

·
Registered
336 Posts
I rode a black ducati monster all last summer in phoenix. The plain truth is you just can't be outside at all for more than half hour stints. When it gets past 110, it makes more sense to wear long pants and long sleeves than shorts and tshirt so really it's just a matter of getting where you need to go and getting the bike in the shade.

V

·
0 Posts
Take the car with air conditioning when it is 110 out... there is no reason to get so tired from the heat that you dont ride with your complete attention and skill. It is just unsafe if you are on a bike and completely wiped out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Too hot to ride

Luckily, for commuting, the temperatures are not to bad early AM and evening.
For fun I only ride early mornings, no traffic-cool temps. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Most people out here park it from July-Aug because of the extreme heat (110-120 degrees)...at least during the day. At night it will still be in the 100's, but without the sun it is a little more bearable. I'll still be riding either way!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Out here it gets really hot during the day. At night it is ok. It is true about moving through the hot day. It is when you stop that just about kills you. I ride during the day with a Camal Back. It is loaded with water and Ice . I generally ride with a basic Joe rocket jacket with all the vents open and the extra insulation removed. It gets hot in the valley(over 100 degrees) and you sometimes have to bear it. Luckily I drive about 15 to twenty minutes from my home to HWY 74 and on to the surrounding roads. I climb up the twisty mountain to get to the higher elavation and it gets cooler.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CorleoneRR said:
Taha,
Where do you live? We will touch 100 or so in NJ, but not 110+.
I live in UAE. It gets up to 120+ noon time, and 105-110 at night summer time.
two days back temps hit 100

summer's knoking the door from now down here, & will last till end of Sept.

Really can't wait that long.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The girls I ride with wear thier chaps and bikinis during the summer. Not very safe!
I think they cuase more accidents when they stop to rub sunblock on each other.

;-)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sometimes it is just too hot to be outside... 110+ is one of those times. But, if you have to ride... I would not sacrifice your protection to try and stay cool. Listen to Marshal... drink lots of water and get yourself a perforated jacket.

·
Registered
353 Posts
1. Water, water, water.
2. Mesh pants
3. Mesh jacket...
4. OR better yet a decently light textile and wet down your tshirt every so often

·
Registered
282 Posts
got a water hose?
go outside, soak EVERYTHING in water (leathers, gloves, helmet), and open the vents.
then throw everything on, and go. anything over 30kph and you'll be chilly. past 60-80, and you'll be shivering.

don't do your boots though. for obvious reasons.
friend didn't trust me, and did that, and his boots started to smell funky after. not to mention he claimed to have a blast trying to operate the pedals with squishy socks and sole. :bitchslap:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts