Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off I'm a new 600rr owner(and a first time bike owner/rider) as of May this year (bought an'06) and put over 7thousand in my first season. Needless to say I am totally addicted to the sport and even more so to my bike. Question is, I live in Michigan and have to put my baby away for the winter, what do you guys do to fill the void? I rode my bike every day rain or shine, without stepping foot in my car until september, and I drive a neon so the transition was painful to say the least. I winterized "her" in late October, and have been missing "her" company ever since. The only thing that got my spirits up is finding this site over a week ago. Is it time for a snowmobile or what?

·
Registered
765 Posts
i dont know what "winter" is but it sounds like a good time to mods!!!!

at least your still with "her"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I keep my RR in the kitchen and sit on it while I make varoooooom sounds.

I don't really make the sounds but it's at my finger tips to play with when I want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You keep the bike in the kitchen, now thats classic, by the way whered you get the leather tank guard? And as for everyone else suggesting I move, I was born and raised in Long Beach, Ca. I live in Mi. because im an apprentice here and cant move until I graduate next spring, but I'm a Michigan boy at heart. I think I hear an Arctic Cat calling my name!

·
Registered
378 Posts
the captain said:
So first off I'm a new 600rr owner(and a first time bike owner/rider) as of May this year (bought an'06) and put over 7thousand in my first season. Needless to say I am totally addicted to the sport and even more so to my bike. Question is, I live in Michigan and have to put my baby away for the winter, what do you guys do to fill the void? I rode my bike every day rain or shine, without stepping foot in my car until september, and I drive a neon so the transition was painful to say the least. I winterized "her" in late October, and have been missing "her" company ever since. The only thing that got my spirits up is finding this site over a week ago. Is it time for a snowmobile or what?
Move to Cali and you won't have this problem LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW! THAT IS UNBEARABLE! it's gotta be like a yearly schedule getoff that results in several months of nonriding! I coudln't live with myself! WOW! I LOVE CALIFORNIA and hate it at the same time!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dude there's a bunch of nice snowboard parks in MI, try out snowboarding or skiing! But beware, it'll hurt at first, and if you stick with it and get good it'll be as hard to let go when the snow melts...but then you can start riding again!

Or keep yourself busy by doing a little overtime at work, if you can, and spending it on some saweeeet mods.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the captain said:
I think I hear an Arctic Cat calling my name!
You have answered your own question twice. I started on Z440, a couple of years later traded up to ZR600. I think it is called the Crossfire 6 now. It is the bridge between bike season. Puts your leaning skills to use. Definitely can satisfy your speed addiction. You can rent for a trip or two to see if you are in to it. Happy sledding.

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/showroom.asp

Yeah, it's calling your name.

·
Registered
348 Posts
First of all, for those of us who have a Winter season, it's time to do mods! I also have two CRF50's that I get out and play in the snow with. When there is no snow, a bunch of us get together in empty parking lots and motard them in full leathers! It's a blast.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Tiffany said:
First of all, for those of us who have a Winter season, it's time to do mods! I also have two CRF50's that I get out and play in the snow with. When there is no snow, a bunch of us get together in empty parking lots and motard them in full leathers! It's a blast.
That does sound like fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasn't for my job, I would move in a heart beat!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
I love California!
+1,000,000,000 (one billion!)

a winter without riding would be like a winter without sex... unthinkable!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts