Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm in a work environment or with non-riders, most people know I'm into motorcycles and its always asked...

"What kind of bike do you have?"

Instead of going to the forensic answer of 2007 Honda CBR 600RR with yadda yadda mods...I'm just answering "sportbike"....or the occasional "crotch rocket"..though I dont use that one often

If its not a Harley...most people dont get it. A crotch rocket they say...what's that ???

If you have a motard in the garage...I cant even imagine :tard:

Everyone deals with it at some point..

When someone asks what kind of bike you have, how do you respond?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i mostly say 08 cbr600. i was asked lastnight by some kid at a party that lives out in the sticks. after i told him he said "so i take it you dont like triumphs". i cant remember my respose but i do remember him looking at the ground alot after our convo...

·
Registered
152 Posts
With my old bike I said "Suzuki" ... now I imagine when people ask I will say "Honda".. that seems to satisfy most people.. if they want more detail they usually ask for it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
when they ask i just say "CBR" thats usualy enough information. if not they will ask.

probably a little off topic, but how many riders get the comment "Dude you have a headlight out?" when you have your low beams on

·
Registered
363 Posts
I usually just say "a 600rr"
I wanted to hit a brother in law when he asked why I got such a small bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
"honda cbr" i dont bother with the 600rr, used to get a lot of blank looks lol... dont know why ppl bother asking if they dont know anything abt bikes anyways

·
Registered
205 Posts
probably a little off topic, but how many riders get the comment "Dude you have a headlight out?" when you have your low beams on
explaining that i don't have a head light out has become as routine as putting on my helmet while the bike is warming up...i have people walk across the lot at work just to come up and tell me i have a head light out. Hoping to get some halos done by sick hids over winter to end that problem.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Ditto on the headlight thing....

I just then throw on my high beam and they realize with dual HIDS blinding them that my headlights are just fine ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just say 600RR. I have not the headlight question yet because I ride with the high beams on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I say I have a Honda and that's usually good enough. When people hear a something other than Harley they lose interest. Occasionally they ask for more info, but very seldom do they know what bike I'm talking about.

Kind of off topic again, but does anyone else find the term "crotch rocket" somewhat derogatory? I feel like it has a very negative connotation.. maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
on another off note...
I was searching the meaning of "CBR" the other day.

And while I was riding yesterday I was thinking... maybe it stands for "Crouched Body Racer"
As in on them you have a Crouched body position vs a sat up stance of cruisers...

Some of the other options that people came up with were:
Cross Beam Racer
Closed Body Racer
and I think there were a few more

·
Registered
753 Posts
on another off note...
I was searching the meaning of "CBR" the other day.

And while I was riding yesterday I was thinking... maybe it stands for "Crouched Body Racer"
As in on them you have a Crouched body position vs a sat up stance of cruisers...

Some of the other options that people came up with were:
Cross Beam Racer
Closed Body Racer
and I think there were a few more
Nah, CBR stands for "constant bit rate" :icon_lol:

But in all seriousness, I believe the CB stands for centralized balance (or something like that). In the early days of sport bikes, the big thing was centralizing the weight to help settle the bike in the turns and at high speed. If I recall reading correctly, the CB line of Hondas was special because the way the weight was distributed was better/different than other manufactureres at the time. The R in CBR, we can only guess... it more than likely means racing or racer or something.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just say a Honda sportbike. For the headlight, if it's someone I know, I explain it, if its a random person I just say "oh, thanks"

1 - 20 of 287 Posts