Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i live in SoCal and i was wondering when is a good time to buy a bike? I am looking at getting an 08 600rr red/black any advice would help thx

D

·
0 Posts
A good time to buy is when you know how to ride a bike. It's all up to you.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
is this your first bike? if so, please don't buy a new one. if you are experienced, a good time to buy is when you find the best deal on the bike you want. i noticed you're listed as being in socal. if you don't want to mess around with all the four-square bull$hit, just go to www.otdcyclesports.com for the best straight deal. send them a request for an online quote- usually nobody else can beat their OTD price....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thx iv been riding dirt bikes and 250's 4 a lil bit now and iv taken the MSF coarse and i think i am going with OTD they have really good deals

·
Registered
293 Posts
i would say get a 08 they are easy to ride and to learn on.... i have been teaching friends how to ride my 08 and they all pick it up pretty quick... i mean really do what you want but i would get a 08 as for timing pricing if you find a good deal do it..

i am from wisconsin and some prices are starting to drop..

If you buy new from a dealer try to get them to trow in a jacket and helmet if they wont break price..

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^^ bad idea!!! why would you put your friends on your brand new bike to teach them how to ride?!!! are you trying to get it laid down or what?!

·
Registered
293 Posts
cause it is a better riding bike then my 03 it handles alot better and i just think its a good bike to learn on...

i guess i didnt specify that my friends that i have taught have experience in dirt..

I think since cali_rr has some experience it would be a good bike to get on. I would recommend getting insurance and just take it slow.

I think everyone gets to concerned about what bike other people are learning on my bikes are my babys no matter what size and year. I would be just as pissed if i drop my 03 as my 08.. no matter what you get and if you drop it you are still going to be pissed.. Get the bike you want and just be careful and maybe nothing will happen. I have been riding many years and never dropped a bike..

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
u only live once...why sit around thinking about when to get a bike....jes get it and ride it like you stole it.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
i am not to worried about it....

My friend dumped his ZX6R and i let him use my 08 so that i still had someone to ride with... His will be fixed by tomorrow.

i dont want to sound like a **** but i have some bank so i am not stressing over it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts