Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
i have not ridden in a long time ,10 years I had a kh500 2stroke
now I sold my cars and ride a bicycle a lot . I want to get comfortable at speed above 55 (my top speed on a bicycle)
I have bin practicing counter steering and it helps . my question is
should I wait untill winter to by a new 2005 600 rr. are dealers more desperate to sell in winter or summer. I want to get the best deal i can.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
What state are your in? If your in Florida I wouldn't think there's a lag in sales because we ride year round. If your up north then best time to buy is during fall and winter.

55mph on bicycle :shock: You crazy man! Well now that I think about it there's no way you can be in Florida. There's no hills around here big enough to get up to 55mph. Unless you got some incredible hulk legs. :lol2:

Is there any reason why you don't want an 04'? There's still only speculation as to what the 05' RR is going to have on it. Honda will release info on it in Sept. My point is this model has only been out for two years and I can't see them changing a whole lot from the 04' to the 05'. But I may be wrong.

Tim

PS Welcome to the board! :thumbup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
in my humble opinion dealers are never desperate. But sometime they give better deal when one of the following happens

1. your buying last years model when there is a totally NEW and revamped new model coming in

2. The weather has been horrible and they haven't made a sale in a while

3. never underestimate the power of cash in hand. (i mean literal cash in hand)

4. if you've got a great ass and a big pair of tits to go with it ! (JUST KIDDING) :lol2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I honestly think it is similar to purchasing a new car. If you do your reseach and shop hard you can come away with the latest model bike/car at the dealers invoice, or very close to it. I used to sell cars and it didn't matter when you came in, a sale is a sale. Good luck and just remember to shop around. or if you have option #4 of Fast600's idea! :smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember when I bought my bike and I can tell you that only private sellers are more desperate during the winter. Most dealerships are never so desperate that they lose money.

·
Registered
932 Posts
IMO, I would think that your best bet a savings is to purchase the previous year's model in the autumn. Up north, there is a riding season and no-one will argue that there is a slump in sales during these months. However, dealers are not going to be so desperate as to sell at a loss. Also, if you purchase in winter, and live in the north, it will be several months before you will be able to test the bike fully and see if there are any warranty issues which need to be dealt with. Ergo, you are pretty much giving-up several months of warranty time. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alot of bike shops here also sell quads and snowmobiles, so i don't think you would save as much as you think by purchasing in the winter. You may save alot on private sales in the winter. You get great deals on the left over previous year's bikes. If you wait until the 05's come out and you buy an '04 you will get a good price. Also (and someone can correct me if i am wrong) the end of the month is better. I used to work in a car dealership and it seemed like the sales people wanted to get out as many cars as they could in those last few days to get their numbers up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the responce
I want a 2005 because I have never had aneything new I will probubly go with an 04 if they have one left i need gear helmit that matches and a new leather I have cash so i will try to work a deal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts