Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all....

I am curious when the '06 should roll out. I think that the '05 came in january, but I don't recall if it was early or the end of January.

This may make the difference of whether or not I go with an '05 or '06....

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, i could have swore it was later.. but for '05 they said... "available January"

·
Registered
769 Posts
What changes are they making on the '06? It seems like I heard a redesign was coming. You could wait till Jan '06 and find a killer deal on a leftover '05.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I wouldn't think they would redo the bike again. They made a good number of changes to this years 05, and I think it would be an unwise move for honda profit-wise to bring another new model in 06, so don't expect too much to be different.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
no redesign on the '06 600. the 1000 on the other hand will prob have refinements. honda does the new every two thing. just got an upgrade in '05, so look for prob a completely new bike in '07

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm expecting absolutely nothing different at all.

Thing is, I've got dealerships that already have mad deals on '05s, and they said '06 pricing will be very close. I really don't dare wait until january to find an '05. I'm going to close a deal this week most likely, unless I were to decide to wait on the '06. If it's going to be a few months into the year, it's simply not going to work.

·
Registered
892 Posts
06 600 shouldnt change much.... details only. next years 600 bike changes are for the gsxr600. the 1000's are going to be the zx10,r1, and 1000rr. expect those to change, regardless of what dumbass "sneak peaks" you see in mags. It's possible but not likely that the liter's WON"T change.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks,
Like I said... I'm completely not expecting a redesign, or any changes aside from color. I'm simply curious when they should come out. When did the '05s roll onto the showroom floor?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would think the 600 will be out this fall, the '05 1000RR wasn't changed and it was in the showrooms in late 2004.Since the 600 probably won't be changed I would expect it at the same time, and the 1000RR, which is supposedly getting the same treatment the '05 600RR got, to be as late at the 600 was.

·
Registered
206 Posts
next years CBR600RR isnt gonna change...

next years GSXR600 isnt gonna change....

they both changed for 2005, and both made EXCELLENT changes.... they are not gonna waste it on only one year....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Only change for the CBR will be BNG that it. The big change will be the 07 CBR to celebrate the 20th Aniversary. Oh and only change for the Gixxer was BNG they had the new bike out in 04 not 05. Expect a highly revised 06 gixxer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL,

You know what I've begun to realize about this forum? Most of the members disregard the actual question and/or the following posts.

I've gotten a lot of answers on what everyone assumes the '06 will or will not change, but not a lot of help on WHEN the '06 will come to the showroom floors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the gsx-r 600 is being redesigned, one of the AMA racers is developing the new bike with Suzuki, I would expect suzuki to come out with a kick ass bike, since theirs is dated and heavy etc etc........ Im waiting to see what the 06 gsxr 750 and 600 are like before i make my move to an 06 R1 or 1000RR possible the zx-10r if they go with the sick spy shot designs ive seen, it looks like the kawi zx-RR of motogp in one of the pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts