Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if everyone else out there gets this sense of extreme satisfaction everytime they break out the tools and accomplish something for the first time? Yesterday my new exhaust came and i spent about 4 hrs stripping my bike down and installing. When i finally bolted everything back up and stood back, a tear almost came to my eye, lol j/k. I almost enjoy working on the damn thing as much as i do riding it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hear you brotha ! i'm a quite poor mechanic and when i received my Yosh slip on, i did it all by myself. Was quite proud of it, started the bike and ran smooth ! :)

Good job !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wondering if everyone else out there gets this sense of extreme satisfaction everytime they break out the tools and accomplish something for the first time? Yesterday my new exhaust came and i spent about 4 hrs stripping my bike down and installing. When i finally bolted everything back up and stood back, a tear almost came to my eye, lol j/k. I almost enjoy working on the damn thing as much as i do riding it.

working on my bike is almost as awesome as riding it
getting new parts and installing them myself instead of paying dealer hundreds...... PRICELESS

·
Registered
142 Posts
2 weekends ago I changed my oil for the first time successfully. I also had a strange problem arise. One of the soft keys on my tach stopped working so I pulled the entire front cowl off and opened up the cluster to fix my problem. After I put it all together(correctly) and connect the battery leads back up when the nut on the underside of the lead fell under the gas tank. I then got a lesson in removing the gas tank(which was full of fuel and heavy as F*ck) for another 2 hours. 5 hours later, the tach button worked, bike started, AND ran like a champ. Talk about deserving a beer. To qualify myself, I am an aero engineer by profession so I would consider myself mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Took off my front cowl for "Mod of the year" Didn't snap any tabs!!!!!!

Felt Great

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im glad you all knew what i was talkin about. Even if you dont particularly like working on your bike im sure saving all that money avoiding those dealerships feels great. Good luck to you all with your future mod/repair work.

·
Registered
923 Posts
i know exactly what your talking about, i install my yoshi like one week a go and i feel wow! when i finish it but i feel more happy when i finish to rebuilt my bike man you can watch my video on my signature of the first star you see my face is happy LOL and you feel complete happy cos you doit. is the best thing we can have.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Oh yeah, love it. The best is when you head into uncharted waters. I thought I could install the power programmer 3 no prob. Figured it would only take an hour or two. HAHAHA! Fail !!! here's a couple pics of the carnage.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You need to take some Honda Polish to your bike, OP.

·
Registered
142 Posts
^^Not trying to blow smoke, my family does that enough. Were nothing special, just noting that I'm not a dumb **** with a beer, a wrench, and no clue. Just the beer and wrench for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.