Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious about your experience where and where not to park
Public Beaches?
Time and day of the week, does it matter? is it safe?

Night clubs, restaurants, bars?
just wondering, cus i wouldn't want someone to tip my bike over just for kicks.

any experience or thoughts to this?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
never ever leave your bike parked outside especially if it's alone, they'll just pick it up & put it in the van & presto, no more 600RR.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
simplepinoy said:
i've never had a bad experience with leaving/parking my bike places. that's to include the beach, mall, movies, airport, grocery store...just about anywhere. i guess it depends on the area, but even "good" areas get hit up.
i hope u went to knock on wood!!!

i've taken my bike to the beach, but only park it on the main strip where everyone can see. i'd never take it to the mall and park it inbetween cars in a parking spot or the movies where i'll be gone for a few hours. well i wouldn't be scared to, thats what full coverage insurance is all about right? lol

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You gotta worry about more than people stealing it when you park it, I parked mine RIGHT outside a Hotel lobby to keep it safe at the beach and a lady backed into it when she was leaving the parking lot, it landed on a curb and destroyed the whole right side. LUCKILY they ran out and stopped her from leaving so I get a hefty check from her insurance company.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I try to keep an eye on it as much as possible or park it in a public place where peole would notice if something was up w/ it being stolen. I dont like leaving it alone but on the other hand I dont want to limit my riding fun and where I can and cannot go just based on if I can still see my bike or not.

·
Registered
344 Posts
whenever i go out with it i usually park mine in a very public area with a lot of traffic (pedestrians). I try to park it so it does not become a obstacle to walk around b/c i don't want anyone scratching it or tipping it over.

i also like to make it always visible where ever i've stopped to eat/chill.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If you're parking your bike in a public place use a cover to deter the soccer moms from giving thier kids a free ride. I've heard too many stories of guys coming out only to find some lady with her kid on the bike.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yep. People see a bike, and they assume its okay to mess with it and put their kids on it. I rode to Fatburger the other day, and its amazing how much attention bikes get. I watched EVERY single person who came it stare at my bike. Luckily for them, nobody touched it, but im sure if I was there long enough, some jackass would try to sit on it.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
At work I park it right out front on the sidewalk. Good luck getting it out of here.
As far as the beach or anywhere else.. I don't park where it is out of sight.. As far as night clubs.. I drive.. Two reasons, First I won't drink and ride. Second I would never have a good time worring about my baby.

·
Registered
507 Posts
bike is never outside of firing range, if I cant shoot you due to distance im too far away

·
Registered
638 Posts
don't park anywhere close to a handicap spot. I once parked my bike in a handicap spot, behind the concrete bumper and against the wall -- in no way would it affect a handicapped person from parking in the spot -- and still got a parking ticket.

C

·
0 Posts
simplepinoy said:
no need to knock on wood. if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. like you said, that's what insurance is for.

Yeah, but insurance isnt going to cover all my mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts