Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :ciao: I recently had to pick up a replacement front fairing stay (needless to say why if I'm having to get a new one :p) and I no longer have the rubber grommets that are supposed to be on there. Is this something that's easily (and affordably) picked up from the local moto shops or should I be searching online for them? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Bikebandit.com you can also navigate a microfilche and order them directly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was considering the dealer to make it easier, but anything through a dealer is usually a grip right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I found it on bikebandit, thanks for the link! 110681-4 RUBBER, CONTROL BOX for $3.53 a piece (ouch!)

·
Registered
743 Posts
the honda dealer were around $5 just for one. Fawking rip off! but I didn't want to wait for shipping for the little piece. Can't remember the part number but they are called "rubber nut"

Edit: These are the ones for the mids not sure if they are the same for the fairing stay

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
also called "well nuts and really abitch to size properly,

cbrs use 3-5 diferrent sizes and pitches.

finally threw in the towel and ordered Honda OE stuff.....

if you can find right size at fastener store they are much cheaper (under 1$)

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
lol. didnt think of rubber grommets as well nuts. haha.
hell if its well nuts youre after, just go to cyclegear and pick up a box of 10 for $15 or so. get the 5mm sizing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The grommets I was actually referring to are on the front fairing stay where the front cowl's two little nubs sit in to support it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts