Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
JetBlast10, are you serious ? i already got some white vinyls cause i haven't seen anything good out there yet ... but now that you're going to have the ten kate wings , well then i'm going to have to get me some white ones :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
:bitchslap: this was posted before I think....

Try alloutgraphics.com :p

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
xmalambotzx said:
JetBlast10, are you serious ? i already got some white vinyls cause i haven't seen anything good out there yet ... but now that you're going to have the ten kate wings , well then i'm going to have to get me some white ones :wink:
they'll be that design - we're doing the layout work this weekend and will be cutting prototypes and making tweaks. I'll have pictures once they're ready.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JetBlast10 said:
xmalambotzx said:
they'll be that design - we're doing the layout work this weekend and will be cutting prototypes and making tweaks. I'll have pictures once they're ready.
SWEET!

Pls keep us all posted! Me especially -- Id like to pick up a set as soon as you get them made out. Black or Medium Grey.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
just to keep you guys posted - we're about halfway through development. Still have some changes to make and - I caution you, I'm personally not a professional at applying vinyl but I'm learning. Here's the working sample shots taken just a few minutes ago.

suggestions are welcome - I could have these ready to go as early as Tuesday if I can get everything done.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
We're still figuring out the prices but they should be in the $16-$18 ballpark range - we'll have them in red, yellow, black, white blue, silver and gold. I'll be working on them the rest of the day but once they're ready we'll add them to the Online Shop with more details and we'll post up about it.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Here's what I got done today - switched from gold to silver.

But I don't feel right without being open about this. I've got about 14 hours into R&D and layout, this is not an easy to install kit. The compound curves of the stock plastic make this kit installation tricky for a vinyl rookie like me. I've found that using the wet method and a hair drier is the best way to work these on. Masking tape guides are a must and heating the vinyl to conform to the curves is also a must.

I've probably got another 12 hours of R&D time to go because the body panels are different on each side. Oh yes they are so, one is not a mirror image of the other.

Here's what I don't wnat to happen, someone sees the picture and thinks oh sweet, orders a set, tries to install them and it fails, then they're pissed at me for making the things in the first place. That's more trouble than it's worth for me. I need a general consensus here. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jetblast10: From what I've seen on this site I think it's reasonable to say that we are all mature enough to take resposibility for our actions. I understand that if you sell these and I install them incorrectly that it was MY FAULT. I also undersatnd that these are not easy to install and I don't plan on rushing it. I'm still in for a set as soon as you have them ready. Please keep us posted as to when you will start to sell these. Thanks and good job on the silver ones. I like it.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Kevin,

Definitely MAKE THEM. You have an excellent product to offer and you are setting a very reasonable price. The price is such that if one install gets FUBAR'ed, it would no be difficult to order another set and try again.

I was a vinyl novice when I installed my Tapeworks kits. I didn't do it perfectly the first time, but I'm getting better at it. It never even crossed my mind to blame tapeworks for my imperfect install. That just wouldn't make sense.

PLEASE put things wings into production. You can put me down for one set of black and one set of blue while you're at it. :wink:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You guys are right. My wife told me to back off a little bit, says I'm "too close to it" right now and need some perspective. Combining the design time with the installation time and mockup after mockup is what's got me bunched up.

I just got both sides on now and will start on final tweaks tomorrow night. You definitely need a hair dryer for this install but all in all, the install time itself isn't really that long compared to the design time. Give me a few more days. :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Alright Ladies - it's ready. We made a few more tweaks and I just installed these. OK, installation freakout... I sort of overreacted. The design frustration was realy getting to me but we're done. With a wet installation and a hair drier you can do these in about 45 minutes per side if you're superanal about it like me. We'll add this to the store (hopefully tomorrow) and be ready to cut and mail. Final price tomorrow (but it'll be around $20.00 plus shipping and I'll throw in some 600RR.net stickers for members) :)

I'll get outside pictures tomorrow after work so you can see it in natural light and a few more perspectives. These pics don't do it justice, it looks great (if i do say so myself ;) )

·
Registered
919 Posts
Very Nice. Just what I need for the race bike. I would just recommentd that you include an instruction sheet that gives an idiot guide to installation with pix and BOLDED CAPS say you must do this or it will fail... etc. You will now have to add the tank honda and wings and CBR and you have a full basic graphics kit. Price it at 30- 45 bux and of course list them on ebay and you will be set. Nice job, now get back to work so you can fill our orders.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts