Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I am looking for a cbr600rr with a blown engine. The reason for this is beacsue, that is the only way my parents will let me get one and I want to rebuild it for a project at school. I have been looking on craiglist, ebay and all over the internet for mounths and no luck. I have found wrecked ones but i just want one with a blown motor.
If anyone knows where I might be able to find one let me know.

Thanks Nick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well does it have to be cbr? because im always checking out craigslist and such for a track bike and run across blown motors all the time.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Well not too many CBR engines ever blow up - good luck in finding one - I have no idea where to look

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I knew I would tell you. I think that they do not want me to get one in general but if I rebuild one for my school project it is fine. It does not make sence to me at all....lol But I am going along with it beacuse I really want a cbr.

D

·
0 Posts
Secretly buy a CBR with a running engine. I will then for free, blow the engine for you, and then give you the bike for free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the offer..lol but it is also that I do not have the money to buy a working cbr. and that I like to work on bikes and want to rebuild the engine.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
If I knew I would tell you. I think that they do not want me to get one in general but if I rebuild one for my school project it is fine. It does not make sence to me at all....lol But I am going along with it beacuse I really want a cbr.
It can be one of two reasons either they did their homework way before you did
and know for a fact you wont find a CBR with a blown motor :cruising:

OR

They are simply trying to steer you away from getting a bike :spank:

It would be awesome if you get lucky and find such project and really get
it repaired and running when that day come make sure you get them on video
as they are watching you reving that motor best of luck :shakehand

·
Registered
408 Posts
another option that would be better:
Convince them to let you get a wreaked bike,*WITH GOOD FRAME*, and rebuild it. Explain to them that seeing what happens when you wreak will make you ride safer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you everyone for you imput.
I am going to keep looking tilli find one or keep bugging my parents till they let me get one. lol:banger:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where the hell did you find that darktint!!lol thanks a lot man.

If this bike that darktint found for me I am going to do what OGPlaya said.

Thanks a lot everyone. This is a huge help

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think a CBR is the least of your parents worries. Do they know about the championship back in '06? They must have seen you on the TV by now?
Zing! Right over his head:crackup:

Just messing with you. I feel your pain. When I was a teenager, my parents wouldn't even let me ride my friend's motorcycles. I had to buy one and keep it hidden in the woods, then get one of my friends father, who was drunk all the time to go with me to the DMV and say he was my dad so I could get a license.

I remember crashing and having to hide my limp around the house so they wouldn't know I was riding. Hell, I am 44 years old and they are still not happy about it.

Good luck to you, and be careful out there. These bikes are a whole lot faster than the ones I rode back then:cruising:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts