Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, I'm undertaking a whole new repair project on my recently hit and run 08 CBR600rr. I'll be converting it's original Digi Silver fairings to the Pearl White edition for the 07. I'll need to replace the rear tire, entire right mirror, and rear brake pedal (which is bent roughly 30 degrees to the right. If anyone knows a good way to just bend it back without much damage to it please let me know.) I was wondering where I could go to look at getting a good rearstand for a decent price, as well as getting a brake pedal and right side mirror that are OEM?

Do you guys use a specific website? Would you mind referring me to it? Thanks so much

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm a big fan of Honda East Toledo for two reasons. 1) They're relatively close to me, so when they special order parts that they dont have in stock it only takes 2 days to get to me. 2) The cheapest prices I've seen for any part.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I usually use bike bandit. Things can get pricey though.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Good luck with the rebuild. In regards to the bent brake pedal, just use a monkey wrench (think that's what they're called), tighten it up and bend it back slowly. I rode with it bent for about a year and a half and recently took it to a motorcycle dealer to ask if they could do something to bend it back, and that's what they did. Looks like new :p

Hey folks, I'm undertaking a whole new repair project on my recently hit and run 08 CBR600rr. I'll be converting it's original Digi Silver fairings to the Pearl White edition for the 07. I'll need to replace the rear tire, entire right mirror, and rear brake pedal (which is bent roughly 30 degrees to the right. If anyone knows a good way to just bend it back without much damage to it please let me know.) I was wondering where I could go to look at getting a good rearstand for a decent price, as well as getting a brake pedal and right side mirror that are OEM?

Do you guys use a specific website? Would you mind referring me to it? Thanks so much

·
Registered
242 Posts
I go through www.cheapcycleparts.com to get most of my OEM stuff. The prices are cheaper here than some of the other sites I've searched.

·
Registered
276 Posts
harbor freight tools FTW for a rear stand. as long as you dont mind using the paddle type. only 36 bucks after tax. GL with the rebuild!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
i price out my OEM stuff at bikebandit.com usually even after shipping and duty (im in canada) the part is still cheaper then from the local dealer, AND its usually here before they would get it in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use bikebandit or ronayers for most stuff. Ebay is your best bet for OEM fairings. You probably need to buy one piece at a time, but you can get them for 1/3 of retail if you're patient.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts