Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) School is starting and I've never ridden a bike to school until now...where do you guys keep your helmet, jacket, etc. etc.?
Do you use that strap hooked to the passenger seat? Wouldn't somebody be able to steal your helmet if you do?

You guys don't carry all this ish to every class do you? I know I can't wear my jacket all day at school in this 100 degrees weather :???:

What do everyone do?

2) Oil and Brake fluid gone during break-in normal? What type of oil and brake fluid do you guys use if this is a normal occurance?

Thanks in advance for answering either questions...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Do you talk on a consistent basis to one of the teachers in school? They might let you keep your stuff in their office. A couple guys I know used to do that.

Use 10W-40 non-engergy conserving motorcycle oil and any DOT4 brake fluid will do the job.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i used to just carry it with me.. take the coat off.. used to carry it and used the srap on the helme to connect it to my backpack...

dude, carry the stuff.. it makes a great conversation piece with the chicks!

they will always say.."You got a bike?"

and all you have to say is.." No, im just a really bad driver."

gets them to laugh and start talking to you and you are golden!!

but i used to just carry it with me..

·
Registered
901 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
i used to just carry it with me.. take the coat off.. used to carry it and used the srap on the helme to connect it to my backpack...

dude, carry the stuff.. it makes a great conversation piece with the chicks!

they will always say.."You got a bike?"

and all you have to say is.." No, im just a really bad driver."

gets them to laugh and start talking to you and you are golden!!

but i used to just carry it with me..

lol good one....ima try it

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
all you lucky bastids that have bikes in high school!

those were the days to have a bike....the older chicks don't seem to care too much..oh well.. props to ya

·
Registered
573 Posts
Usually the first day of class I will carry it all with me, just so the girls know I ride (poser, I know). Then after that, when I do ride it to school, I will strap the helmet to the bike and usually carry my jacket with me to class. I park in the parking garage, motorcycle parking area, under a security camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can use a long cable or chain lock to secure your gear to your bike....put the cable through both jacket sleeves & the through the helmet. Stick the helmet up on the tank and lock everything to the upper triple clamp or upper part of the fork leg.

V

·
0 Posts
I just carry my gear with me. I throw what fits in my pack back and then I just walk around with my helmet on.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Around a college campus like the one I am at (University of Florida), I will carry mine around with me. For the reasons mentioned above and because a lot of people traffic around the bikes (many people have bikes/scooters), so i just dont trust it. just tuck the jacket under seat and put helmet on open seat next to u. Plus i never leave my helmet attached to the bike here in Florida because of the fact that it freaking rains here EVERY day so i dont want my helmet all wet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
holmes said:
Just ride in a t-shirt and shorts. Oh yeah, and some flip flops if you got 'em.
Driving around town today with my wife....I counted all of the local riders that has no gear on except for a helmet it came out to be all of them. I did not see one rider with a jacket on....just a t-shirt and helmet. I was like damn!! These guys are crazy! I know it's like 100 degrees out, but damn...put some gear on just in case.

Back to the topic...I guess I'll just drag all this stuff around all day :(

Now is it normal to be losing break fluid?? I thought it shouldn't leak any especially with only 25 miles on the bike. In the manual, it says to bring it to the dealer to have it checked out if brake fluids need to be added...is this under my manufacture warranty?

How would I loosen those screws on top of the front brake fluid reservoir to fill it up if the windscreen is in the way? Any special procedure?

C

·
0 Posts
Gotta take it with you. People are jerks especially at school. Theres always one jealous douchebag.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
phaderlanx said:
xsiv said:
How would I loosen those screws on top of the front brake fluid reservoir to fill it up if the windscreen is in the way? Any special procedure?
Umm, you do know the handlebars turn dont you?
:bitchslap: For me! As you can see how new I am to my bike...thank you for the reply to my ignorant question. Now I can fill it temporarily; should I still have the dealer check it out though since I don't think it should be losing brake fluid. Wonder if they'll charge me...it should be covered since the bike is only over a few weeks old right?

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I just wore a hoodie sweatshirt to school with my helmet and gloves, gloves went into the back pack and my helmet went on the side of my bike, I parked right ouside the front door of the school so nothing would get f'cked around with. I know, I'm still a squid

1 - 20 of 22 Posts