Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the story. I am moving out of my house (with a garage) that I have kept my bike in for the last year. I am moving to an apartment complex on the other side of town. My dilemna is where to keep my bike. The closest garage I could get is 25 miles out of the way so I would never be able to ride it on the spur of the moment like I usually do.

Who here lives in an apartment complex and keeps their bike there? I am afraid of getting it stolen, I have insurance but it is still a pain in the A** if it got stolen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking maybe of trying to get a bottom floor apartment and trying to keep it on the back porch if possible.

·
Registered
980 Posts
i had the same dilema so i went with the BIKE BRACE from www.bikebrace.com and its great!!! but im moving in a few months to a condo with a garage:)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
make sure to get an apartment with a closed garage, i live in a complex with a closed garage and its really safe, just sucks to have to do work on the bike without any room.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
see if your apartment has a freight elevator that's big enough to fit your bike. pay off your super few bills and you may just be taken care of for the rest of your stay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about just chaining it to a pole or something. I know it isn't great, but still better than nothing right? I figure I have just heard stories about people living in apartments getting their bikes jacked. I think chaining it to a pole would do more to deter theft than an alarm would.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I live in an open condo community where there's a bunch of guys that park their bikes out side under covers. There is theft around here so I only park it outside if I know I'm riding early the next morning or Thrs night for the Fri ride to work. Otherwise, my bro lives a 1/2 mile away and has a garage. It stays there 90% of the time with his bike. Locked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are there any storage sheds near by? It would be costly but its a hell of a lot safer than leaving it outside.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
bike brace, chaining to a pole would be good. it detterts most thieves away when they see some type of security.. but some thieves will do anything! hell i had guys break into my house and hold me at gun point for a few thousand dollars

·
Registered
202 Posts
In my 2 car garage.... with his friends Mr. R.R. Scratchy, the trackbike and Mr. C.R. Mudslut, the..... well... uhhm......mudslut,

05 RR (aka Mr. R.R. Blingy) is king of the castle.

·
Registered
980 Posts
bike brace is soliddddddd

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
locked up in my garage... find somewhere out of sight... too many people comming and going in apartments, it not the ones that live there it the skechy friends..get an alarm and the ground level apartment...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
when I lived in an apartment I switched apartments to one w/a garage.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have a giant ass chain i wrap through the swingarm and the wheels, also get a cover and spray paint it so it looks like a junker underneath.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts