Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a black piece of plastic that looks like it connects under the front fairing, by headlights, you have to take it off to put on track fairings... i cant figure it out for the life of me. will put a pic up right now ill go take one.:banghead:

edit: it has 2 "wings" on each side that attach to main black piece with little ridges..

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
its a black piece of plastic that looks like it connects under the front fairing, by headlights, you have to take it off to put on track fairings... i cant figure it out for the life of me. will put a pic up right now ill go take one.:banghead:

edit: it has 2 "wings" on each side that attach to main black piece with little ridges..
its not the BAS is it?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

like this? id figure it go like this but i cant find anywhere to connect it to..:banghead:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
You have it upside down, it gets to plastic screws on each side that connect to the upper mid and it tucks under the nose of the front fairing

D

·
0 Posts
You're holding it upside down. It connects to the other fairings that have to be on first.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
and if they are race fairings, you may need to drill the fairings for the holes, im going to guess this is not a needed piece?

(i dont have 07+ so yes, its a guess)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im installing street fairings back on after having race fairings on for awhile, thanks guys ITS UPSIDE DOWN im stupid.. i thought about putting it the other way but i was like..nah thats stupid.. haha thanks guys, and i put it on AFTER fairings.. thanks.. i thought i put it on first.

·
Registered
263 Posts
im installing street fairings back on after having race fairings on for awhile, thanks guys ITS UPSIDE DOWN im stupid.. i thought about putting it the other way but i was like..nah thats stupid.. haha thanks guys, and i put it on AFTER fairings.. thanks.. i thought i put it on first.
"Put that piece on before you put on fairings" The wings actually attach to your tank cover. and then the front fairing will snap into the groves on the front.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea thanks guys you are GREAT help, with your help i now have my whole front end assembled..now putting on the tank cover...then side headlight covers then mids and uppers.. i was gunna leave them off till i install brake lines but i cant wait any longer..

thanks again guys huge help

·
Registered
61 Posts
That piece and the traingular shaped pieces for under your headlights are not needed but they significantly cut down on the wind noise and buffeting when you have street plastic on.

Leave them off if you are constantly on one wheel though, it will give you a window to see through. All the squids do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.