Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This huge wire is sticking out of my subframe...and honestly I have no idea where it goes. Is it a grounding wire? It doesn't fit onto the battery...

Check it out:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
thats the ground wire coming from your flux capacitor.

lol. i have no clue wtf that is. follow it and see if it leads to a pot of gold or something.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the ground wire coming from your flux capacitor.

lol. i have no clue wtf that is. follow it and see if it leads to a pot of gold or something.
It leads somewhere under the tank...and there is no gold there. Was hoping for a quick reply (and a DUHHH moment on my part) so I don't have to take the tank off.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
288 Posts
lol...no that goes into the negative side of your battery top. it will fit, it's a bit annoying getting the screw and nut into place perfectly

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol...no that goes into the negative side of your battery top. it will fit, it's a bit annoying getting the screw and nut into place perfectly
I really don't think it fits...I'll try it again in the morning. How sure are you on this? Just taking a guess or 100% positive? (or is that negative? bada bum...ohh man I need sleep)

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you look in his pic, he already has the negative terminal hooked up that matches your pic. honestly, im not sure where that can go other than to the starter relay.

·
Registered
343 Posts
it goes on the box with a fuse that has its own caprtment next to the battery. it has rubber around it. there are 2 of these that bolt on to it with hex head bolts. its the thing in the left of your picture

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pic! I will see if mine works the same way, thanks again!

it goes on the box with a fuse that has its own caprtment next to the battery. it has rubber around it. there are 2 of these that bolt on to it with hex head bolts. its the thing in the left of your picture
Hmm, I'm not sure if it reaches that far, I will try this out.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated!:shakehand

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Morssolis you were right, it does go to the starter relay. Thank you very much for the help guys!

Alex

·
Registered
343 Posts
i am glad i can help people after so long of only being helped. i know so much about this bike compared to what i knew 2 years ago when i got it. maybe if i did not crash it so much i would not know these things lol. i did not know that was called the starter relay though. so we both learned something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts