Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bike riders are second class citizens on the road. Sad but true.

"Well she just wasn't paying attention"

YEAH BUT HIS HEAD CAME OFF

"Yeah you are right... Community service for 2 hours, dismissed"

K

·
0 Posts
That is sad. I say put that guy on a bike in the middle a the f*cking war and lets see what happens to him

·
Registered
360 Posts
That is freakin' messed up! $70 fine for killing 3 people!? This is one of the saddest things I've heard in a while.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Absolutely pitiful. I can't believe it. I got a stiffer fine for hitting a guardrail and crashing into a creek in a car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah that's not right. That man should never drive again. I can see how it happened though. The law may only recognize his violation (crossing the yellow line) and not the consequences. Feel outraged that the law doesn't punish according to the severity of his consequences. However that guy is beyond fucked. The civil suits the victims' families will file are what will crucify him. He has little defense there. His negligence cost lives and he will have to pay for it. Unfortunatelly he's probably just some average schlub. The civil suits will bankrupt him and the families will have little satisfaction while enduring the permanent loss.

·
Registered
353 Posts
We need less left wing judges and more judges like Bill OReilly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bear with me guys cause I'm a rider to.

Do we really know the whole story? The articial doesn't say what happen.

What caused him to cross the yellow line? Did a tire blow, a tire rod break, a deer in the road? There is a hundred possibilities. Maybe he fell a sleep after a long hard night at work. either way, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. I'm not sticking up for the guy , I just would like to hear the whole story before I judge him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bobskido said:

What caused him to cross the yellow line? Did a tire blow, a tire rod break, a deer in the road? There is a hundred possibilities. Maybe he fell a sleep after a long hard night at work. either way, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. I'm not sticking up for the guy , I just would like to hear the whole story before I judge him.
What other side of the story
"The case involves Gary Lee Butler, 49, of Des Moines, who was convicted of failing to maintain control of his van, and driving on the wrong side of the road. "

OK.. like you said.
1. He was tired and fell asleep ??? Is that an excuse to ram into six people. (why was he driving if this was the case)

2.His tire blew - And he failed to maintain control of his car and killed 3 people and injured the rest. (how fast was he going) -Many possiblities

3. So $70 jusifies what happened...

4. I see your point of view but when you look at the entire picture regardless of what happened or how it happened do you think $70 bux makes the families feel any better... That wasn't even a slap on the hand.

Just like the title said.. where is Justice when it is needed. No one is bashing the guy. It's just that he got off by paying $70 for murdering 3 riders. What if that was your friend, Father or someone close to you. You wouldn't care about the story, but you care about justice.

·
Registered
700 Posts
sounds like vehicular manslaughter to me, that is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. I just got in an accident from slipping in some gravel, nobody was hurt and i got a $200 ticket for going faster than conditions allow when the cop wasnt even there. messed up society we live in these days. ride safe all!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bobskido said:

HANG HIM :thumbdown: :very_mad:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bussman600rr said:
sounds like vehicular manslaughter to me, that is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. I just got in an accident from slipping in some gravel, nobody was hurt and i got a $200 ticket for going faster than conditions allow when the cop wasnt even there. messed up society we live in these days. ride safe all!!
What??? They, the authorities, can do that??? Who the hell is going to report anything to the COPs??? Depressing... :cry:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I feel your pain but consider this; If you unintentionally killed someone by ACCIDENT, how do you think you be punished? It was an ACCIDENT! ACCIDENTS happen and kill people. If the guy hit other cars and killed, the verdict would have been the same. All you can hope for is that he will get his someday by lawsuit or whatever. Just playing the advocate here.

X

1 - 14 of 14 Posts