Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to pick my bike up after getting my fork seals replaced (2 weeks later) and go riding with some people and decided to leave my car keys under the rear seat, DO NOT DO THIS. There are gaps and keys will disappear.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
So I went to pick my bike up after getting my fork seals replaced (2 weeks later) and go riding with some people and decided to leave my car keys under the rear seat, DO NOT DO THIS. There are gaps and keys will disappear.
ummm...yeah. why didn't you just put them in your jacket? they are a bit safer there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I learned this some time ago while riding my R1. I lost a new pair of Oakleys. The funny thing is, that same day I found a pir of cheap "Chilly's" glasses that I can not seem to get rid of. I think I can throw them out of the rear of an airplane, and they will eventually reappear in my house :toothy12:

·
2,641 Posts
I learned this some time ago while riding my R1. I lost a new pair of Oakleys. The funny thing is, that same day I found a pir of cheap "Chilly's" glasses that I can not seem to get rid of. I think I can throw them out of the rear of an airplane, and they will eventually reappear in my house :toothy12:
yeah man...those cheap things you never seem to be able to get rid of. i realized i shouldn't put anything back there when i took the tail appart and saw the gaps.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i lost a set of keys also but when i removed the seat cowl they fell out...check it out your stuff might still be there....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Same thing happened to me on Sunday; I got back from a nice long ride, popped the cowl to grab my keys, and was like WTF!!! Where the hell are my house keys!?!?!?
Sure enough they had slid down inside the tail and were wedged between the subframe and the fairing, lucky I was able to yank them out.
Search around in the tail, they might still be back there.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i havent lost anything out of the tail but the heat killed the battery in my cell phone. it only holds a charge like 6 hours now. new it was like 2-3 days.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
ummm...yeah. why didn't you just put them in your jacket? they are a bit safer there.
Keys are not safer in the jacket. True though, the keys are more likely to not get lost if in the jacket instead of under the seat. Keys in the jacket can become a sharp instrument that stabs your chest or gut during an accident. The simplest things we carry on our person can harm us. I carry it all in a tank bag.

·
2,641 Posts
Keys are not safer in the jacket. True though, the keys are more likely to not get lost if in the jacket instead of under the seat. Keys in the jacket can become a sharp instrument that stabs your chest or gut during an accident. The simplest things we carry on our person can harm us. I carry it all in a tank bag.
true...i only carry one key so i don't see it being a big deal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I left my bike at my parents for 2 weeks while I was finishing school, and I went to remove the seat cowl and saw 4 mice looking at me!! The mother climbed up there and had 3 babies (in 2 weeks) and they ate my registration and insurance card as well. I couldn't believe it!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
man rodents are no joke. we had a bunch of cars at my friends work get their wiring harnesses eaten up by gophers and mice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts