Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first noticed when my bike seemed jumpy when I was at a lower rpm but maintaining the same throttle position.

Then I started having problems with a dead battery if I would make several short stops around town.

I've now noticed on the highway a dimming of my headlights quite a bit.

I'm ASSUMING its the battery going out; I'm not sure if its the original battery or not but I just hit 20k miles. I'm HOPING its not the charging system, but if it may be; which parts should I get checked out?

I'll start with the battery since thats an easy test up at the local car shop, but where else should I look if the battery tests good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
start there first if not that then maybe the stator
Well I took it off and it appears its been severely stripped before, and no signs of Honda on the battery. The terminal which goes around the bolt inside has 4 connection points, 2 of which were twisted off from overtightening in its past.

I twisted it back and gave it a good solder. Now I'm icing my thumb from accidentally grabbing the metal of the solder gun, once my ice cube melts I plan to reinstall the battery and see if I helped the situation at all; but I'm sure I located the problem now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts