Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any place where to buy the plastics for the 05 other that straight through Honda
I need a right side fairing and a rear fairing
I have been checking e-bay also

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
ebay is a good place. And you can find some on here or other boards. If you have to go through a dealer Bell's Honda gave some pretty good discounts. Make sure to mention that you saw here and ask for the discount pricing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm starting to get curious about this type of setup.

Is there a downside to going with fiberglass fairings, as opposed to the plastic? These ones from OPP are carbon/kevlar reinforced at the mounting points, so you'd think they'd be a bit better. If you were to put those on for a street only bike, would one experience cracking?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
ME2 said:
I'm starting to get curious about this type of setup.

Is there a downside to going with fiberglass fairings, as opposed to the plastic? These ones from OPP are carbon/kevlar reinforced at the mounting points, so you'd think they'd be a bit better. If you were to put those on for a street only bike, would one experience cracking?
Fiberglass will flex more then OEM plastic in a crash.

The carbon/kevlar reinforced is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
They are unpainted also but this can be a plus if you have some talant in designing a paint scheme.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Also there will be problems trying to mix and match fiberglass and stock pieces. If you want to keep the stock body I would suggest to stay with ebay or Bell's. If not there are some nice aftermarket bodies. Some better than others though.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Alright guys, sorry to threadjack here...
I'm really starting to consider going with some sort of aftermarket fairings, and repainting them... I've got a paint scheme picked out, and seems that the prices are lower than I previously figured, so it's definately an option.

What companies are out there that can offer me a good fairing kit, in a street version so that I can still use the headlight assembly. I've checked out the OPP and everything looks great, couldn't ask for much more. However, I'm not an impulsive buyer, and I'd like to see my options. The only thing I'd really change is a more OEM fitment, whereas the OPP has a HUGE upper, and small lower. This way, if the bike tips over, I don't have to paint a HUGE upper part, when I could simply repaint a right fairing.

I'm definately up for your options, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I bought a 'gently' used set of sharkskinz (track). They fit well and have good quality. It has on large upper and a lower. Also a tank cover and rear cowl. I got a stock front fender with them. Personnally I like fewer pieces. It makes it look a little cleaner. They also make street uppers. I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. Buying new they are not the cheapest.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i'm waiting on someone with the upper and the tail that i can have to make the molds for it. as soon as i get it, you can buy OEM style replacement bodywork from us. you got the upper and tail to give up?

·
Registered
628 Posts
LTSrr said:
Also there will be problems trying to mix and match fiberglass and stock pieces. If you want to keep the stock body I would suggest to stay with ebay or Bell's. If not there are some nice aftermarket bodies. Some better than others though.
Who is bell's??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
canadarr said:
Who is bell's??
Bell's Honda in Goergetown, KY. They have prices as good and better than some of the other dealers talked about around here. They dont have much of a website but give them a call. It should be worth it. Tell them you want the discounts that you heard about on this site.

·
Registered
628 Posts
LTSrr said:
Bell's Honda in Goergetown, KY. They have prices as good and better than some of the other dealers talked about around here. They dont have much of a website but give them a call. It should be worth it. Tell them you want the discounts that you heard about on this site.
Phone # or website??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here is the site. http://www.bellshonda.com/ Like I said not much there. But the number is. When you talk to them tell them you heard on 600rr.net that they have good pricing. James is who I talked to.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Bells was a little above on some of the items compared to service honda. Have you ordered from service? How were they? When said and done bells was a little cheaper for me because service is in state and I would have had to pay tax. Now I wont have to pay that until next spring. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts