Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be trailering a 2008 CBR600 RR. Never trailered before, let alone strap a bike down. Using the orange Uhaul motorcycle trailer.

Is it safe to place the rear straps on the passenger foot pegs?

I got a set of canyon dancers to strap the front. Should I also strap the front & rear wheels/tires? Looking to trailer for about 600 miles.

Is it safe to compress the forks for that long of a distance? How much should I compress the forks?

Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
compress the forks half way and tie the rear down also i use the passenger pegs but you can wrap around the rear swingarm but i think thats scary your technically pulling the swingarm apart! you can also wrap around the rear tire to pull it back and hold it but this wont stabilize it at all!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
thats off my cell phone and i kinda thought it lookd sweet too idk y tho lol :thumbup:

ps: good luck with the bike hope it goes smoothly and wen u do get it ride safe

·
Registered
248 Posts
I always use soft ties just above the lower triple around the fork tube in the front and a strap through the swingarm then the wheel then through the other side of the swingarm in the back. It has always worked well for me, very sturdy and I usually travel between 200-400 miles with it strapped. Good luck

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i had my bike and my dads harley in the back of his toy hauler and his bike fell over on mine twice!! it F'd it up pretty good and we had them in condor chocks to. but the fault was we didn't have them anchored and they were on linoleum flooring and the loops in the floor were weak as hell and bent

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i would kill my father
he paid for all the repairs but it sucked because it was the night before we left for the Sturgis bike rally and i had only had the bike less than a week:banghead: so i rode it out in SD without a windscreen or mirrors and the front end all jacked up lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Those canyon dancer straps, I believe are the same thing I have. One goes over each handlebar and locks them down even. Drove from Maine to Mass with just that holding down the front end, same thing I do for dirtbikes and they never go anywhere

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
check into some canyon dancer straps - they are really easy to use on the front end and will prevent the straps from rubbing on the bike
Some people prefer the cycle cynch as it doesn't bunch up the grips, which may be a symptom of over tightening the bike.

Came up with a cheapo solution to that, and that was to place used cardboard toilet paper rolls over each handgrip before placing the canyon dancer. No more bunched up grips....

:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
I used canyon dancers on the front and thats it. I've never tied down the rear of any of my mx bikes either. If the front end is tied down securely, it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have had on occasion had the front wheel get quirky on me, so I invested in a Condor sport chock. So freekin glad I bought that thing. Now I can actually tie down the bike by myself if I need to and I don't feel the need to tighten it down so much anymore.

I tie down the rear passenger pegs just a couple of clicks for peace of mind. Have a set of 4...might as well use them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts