Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently installed a Jardine slip-on system and I am having some trouble figuring out how to get the license plate on the bike now.

Previously, with my stock system, there was an under tail heat shield where the previous owner just screwed in the license plate (flat. i.e. you could tell a license plate was present, but could not read it).

With the new slip-on, I took the under tail heat shield off and now I cannot for the life of me find a place to stick the license plate.

Any suggestions? Where did you guys stick yours?

(I have a small metal bracket to hold the license plate, but I literally can't find a place to put it toward the back).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Go here and get a fender eliminator kit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Or you can cheap out and get a hose clamp, a couple of 90 deg angles, an aluminum flat bar and a couple of bolts to hold it all together. I spent about 10 bucks and a few minutes of prep to get mine mounted.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I have mine bolted into the battery tray. I used screws with rounded heads and put them into the grooves so they don't rub the bottom of the battery.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have mine bolted into the battery tray. I used screws with rounded heads and put them into the grooves so they don't rub the bottom of the battery.
Same here. I bought the TCT Industries FE.

Or you can cheap out and get a hose clamp, a couple of 90 deg angles, an aluminum flat bar and a couple of bolts to hold it all together. I spent about 10 bucks and a few minutes of prep to get mine mounted.
If I ever get ticketed for my plate location, I am going this route. I like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I got even lazier and went with some zip ties down near the battery. Was thinking the same as the above, where if I get ticketed for it, I will figure something else out.

Here in CT though, cops seem to have other things to worry about.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I did something kinda similar. I got a piece of 1" metal strapping with pre-punched holes along the center of it(kinda looks like plumbers tape). Cut it down to about a 5" long piece. Then bent it at maybe a 55 degree angle. On one end 1 bolt through it into the batt tray, other end 1 bolt through it into the license plate. Its surprisingly sturdy, doesn't vibrate much or wiggle out of position, plus if it wants to kiss the hugger you can bend it however you need to.

Then for lights I ordered two little LEDS mounted them on the corners of the plate and wired into the rear lighting harness. No tickets thus far :banger: (*as I knock on wood)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Thanks all. I got even lazier and went with some zip ties down near the battery. Was thinking the same as the above, where if I get ticketed for it, I will figure something else out.

Here in CT though, cops seem to have other things to worry about.
Be careful, if those zip ties brake your plate will be long gone and you'll have to go through the bigger process of getting a replacement.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used a license plate hanger that was spring loaded and fitted to the bottom of the battery tray. Looked really neat, but the UK Police didn't like it much, so I had to take it off. Must dig that out and sell it.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts