Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to start a thread where people could share info on where they stay and local secrets (cheap gas, cool places, bike shops, etc) around our tracks.

Chuckwalla- We always stay at the travelodge in cathedral city, it is $65 and has an awesome hot tub :) If you stay there on a Friday or Saturday ask for a room on the front side, the Elks lodge is behind it and we had one friday where the old people where having a loud party till late. Also, DO NOT STAY IN INDIO. Our first time to chuckwalla we stayed in some cheap hotel in Indio. There were hookers all around, crack deals going down and people cooking meth in the rooms. Needless to say we did not feel safe with our bike in a trailer in the parking lot.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
918 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I know it wont apply to most. But most of the tracks have a military base fairly close to them.. CVR has 29palms marine base, Streets/Big Track has Edwards AFB, etc.. Great options for active duty/retired people.

Its the first thing i do when planning a overnighter TD... see where the closest base is..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yeah, most BOQs have really cheap rates.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Yeah, most BOQs have really cheap rates.
:+1: Its only 40 buks a night at the Naval base in Monterey. Less than 5 mins from Seca!!! :banger:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Tent
Air Mattress
Sleeping Bag
Cooler

Done.

Regarding Indio though, I can recommend one thing.

Don Jose Taco Shop
81944 California 111, Indio, CA

Hole in the wall, right next to a Tex-Mex (yuck) place. Had some of the best carnitas I think I've had in my life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts