Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im always hearing about ppl getting butt plugged at reds and stops. on MSF book I remember it saying stop with your partner next to you. I dont remember what it says if your by yourself. Personally i like to stop wayyy to the side on the left for:
1. letting the dude behind me hit the dude in front of me instead of me:rolleyes:
2. letting the dude that waits till hell freezes over to brake and has to pull over torwards the right (cause only a complete idiot would pull into oncoming traffic)

sorry if this is a repost or w.e. i just want to hear opinions because maybe Im doing this wrong? or maybe theres a safer way? all i know is I want to make sure im at the safest position before i have some 2 ton truck sniff me like a
dog:bitch_ple

·
Registered
491 Posts
Stop on the outside of the lane. If it's a multiple-lane road, stop in between the lanes.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
stopping in the middle is not the safe way for sure. left or right side can be argued though. some people front of you drive more on the left side of their lane. in that case stopping on the left side may not give you enough room to get out of the way if you have to.
I guess you just have to judge everything around you, and stop at a spot where you can get out of the way if some one is going to rear end you.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
If I'm behind a vehicle then I'll stop between the lanes and put my front wheel beside their rear bumper which pretty much assures me that whoever the idiot is behind me will nail the car and not me. If not, then it's to the outside of the lane I go, waiting for the douche-bag on her cellphone to blow the red light and get killed by the semi passing through the intersection so I have one less redneck driver to worry about creaming me because they're not paying attention.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm behind a vehicle then I'll stop between the lanes and put my front wheel beside their rear bumper which pretty much assures me that whoever the idiot is behind me will nail the car and not me. If not, then it's to the outside of the lane I go, waiting for the douche-bag on her cellphone to blow the red light and get killed by the semi passing through the intersection so I have one less redneck driver to worry about creaming me because they're not paying attention.
:laughing1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts