Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the topic insists. I went to 2 places today and couldnt find an oil without the energy conserving written on it. So i was wondering where does everyone buy their oil, also if you could name the oil you use.

I was also wondering is it necessary to use a center stand to change the oil, i dont have one and was wondering if it is and if it is how do i do it without buying one?

btw first time changing my own oil on my bike.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
i buy my oil from me b'coz i sell 'em, since i buy what i sell i get to pay it at wholesale prices isn't that great? :D

btw i'm a Repsol dealer & i use Repsol Racing 4T 10W-50 full synthetic.

you should look at the vendors from this site they sell the good stuff like Repsol, Motul, Silkolene, Castrol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to get it done today though, i found some castrol synthetic 10w-40 but i read that it isnt good for our motors..Unless someone wants to clarify.

Mike

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i buy mine at o'reileys, walmart, auto zone. you can run synthetic as long as the bike is "broke in". do a search you will find all the info you need. i run mobile. some run repsol, some motul.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
OveRReV said:
i buy my oil from me b'coz i sell 'em, since i buy what i sell i get to pay it at wholesale prices isn't that great? :D

btw i'm a Repsol dealer & i use Repsol Racing 4T 10W-50 full synthetic.

you should look at the vendors from this site they sell the good stuff like Repsol, Motul, Silkolene, Castrol.
This is my 3rd oil change and I'm going to use the same Repsol oil. I was using Castrol Syn-Tec. I had a hard time tracking down Repsol oil here. I found one dealership that had it and they are phasing it out. I'll have to buy online from now on if I like the results. Shell Rotella is pretty popular for our bikes too and I find that in every Pep Boys and Strauss that I visit.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
leave it on the side stand....

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
I Dont Buy My Oil A Good Friend Of My Brother In Law Owns Maxima Racing Oil And He Hooks Us Up Huge For All Our Toys, But If I Do End Up Going And Buying Some I Just Go To My Local Cycle Store

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, the task at hand has been done and she runs even better than i thought now. i went with the castrol syntec, only think i could find. The damn oil filter was a bitch to get off though i worked at it for 45 minutes to get it undone without taking the fairing off. The thing is i had my 600 mile done at the dealship they must of put that bitch back on there tight as ****. but i got it off and all is good. thank for the help

Mike

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'm an Amsoil dealer, I use Amsoil MCF 10W-40.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I use motul and get it from a dealer who is a friend and gets it to me at a good price.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
redrider1dgs said:
i put the pro honda hp4 synthetic oil in mine, i also work at a honda dealership and get it at cost
Dang at cost! I gotta get a job at your dealership! lol..

+1 for hp4...Good enough for the factory race team..Good enough for me..(I'm actually not sure if they run the same stuff, but they run the sticker, so good enough for me:) haha

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I use Amsoil MCF10w-40. GREAT stuff. Preferred...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Johnny Candles said:
This is my 3rd oil change and I'm going to use the same Repsol oil. I was using Castrol Syn-Tec. I had a hard time tracking down Repsol oil here. I found one dealership that had it and they are phasing it out. I'll have to buy online from now on if I like the results. Shell Rotella is pretty popular for our bikes too and I find that in every Pep Boys and Strauss that I visit.
I just switched to Shell Rotella Synthetic (blue bottle) recently. I heard great reviews on it. So far so good. And the price is not bad either (like $17 for a gallon at walmart).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bought some Motul full synthetic for around $13.xx a quart/liter at my stealership..Please tell me where to get this stuff cheaper on the internet! Also where can I get an OEM filter?? thanks....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I buy Red Line Fully Synthetic from Lockhart Phillips. They ship it to my door next day!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
honda dealer-GN4 dino oil. I dont bother with synthetic since I change it so often (due to running the track so often 8^).

leave it on the side stand, dont bother removing any bodywork, not necessary...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts