Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pose this question to you...If you were purchasing a bike and the RR was not available, which 600 would you get?

I am finally able to now get a bike and there are no new CBR 600RR's in my area, infact none that I have found within 400 miles. With that being said, what would be a good second place bike in your humble opinion?

Used bikes are not an option for me...I know I might be missing out on a good deal somewhere, but I have been burned one too many times on used purchases. I can afford new therefore I want new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably called the wrong dealership, but the one I talked to today only had Orange/Black and the Silver/Black and he was not budging on his 9800 + ttl price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If I wouldn't have been able to pick up a 600RR I would have a Ducati 848 right now haha :toothy4:

If I'm restricted to Japanese 600s, then that leaves me with a few choices. The ZX-6R was the cheapest 600 by far at the dealership in my area ( about $1000 less than the others ), and I was riding a Kawi before. The only real issue for me was it was a tad tall, I didn't like the way the tank was, and the cables/wiring/controls seemed kind of sloppy. The GSX-R is the shortest bike, but that's all I can really say that stood out about it. I've never really liked the looks and could never really bring myself to buy one. The R6 has great tech and is a great bike, just a tad racey.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd probably go with an R6 as I plan on going track only, but I'd honestly search high and low for a 600RR before buying another brand.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i agree with the Ducati 848 that thing is sick!. my second choice after the graffiti was a green Zx-6R ninja. to many R6's and gixxers around

·
Registered
928 Posts
From reading your second posting, it sounds like you have RR's in the area. It also sounds like price is the problem but your first post states you can afford it. So what gives?

If I couldn't find an RR that was NEW in the COLOR I wanted and at the right PRICE I would probably start looking for a good pre-owned RR. There are plently around. You just have to look a little.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
wait for an rr, cause everytime you see one, you'll think if only they had them in my area...

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
i really liked the R6S or the R6.... they were both very comfortable but to be honest with you none of them had the feeling of a 600RR... with that said i would wait but i am a little bit biased and so are most of the guys on this board i would imagine... i would also say that dealership is insane to not move on the price... call up a couple more dealers in the area... or go even further if you have to...how far would you go to save a couple hundred bucks?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
For those who said the Ninja6R, its been the bottom of the SS bikes for the last 2-3 years. even worse for 08 with some dyno numbers being under 100hp and a bit hefty weight. They are nice looking bikes, but performance is more important than looks.

I would lean towards an 08 R6 first, then maybe the new Gixxer600's. ZX-6R would be my last choice. The new R6 is so hot and power figures are impressive too (Yamaha added some low-end grunt for 08).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard really good things about the Daytona 675. Not the fastest on paper, but really fun to ride. If you're seriously considering the 848, make sure you look into service costs and everything.. my last bike was a duc, the only reason I sold was parts/service was too expensive. No point in having a bike you can't afford to ride.. It helps if you have a decent dealer nearby though

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hmmm... id look a little harder for a 600rr...

r6 would be my second one if i didnt find a SINGLE one in the state, even then id just ship one from out of state..

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've heard really good things about the Daytona 675. Not the fastest on paper, but really fun to ride. If you're seriously considering the 848, make sure you look into service costs and everything.. my last bike was a duc, the only reason I sold was parts/service was too expensive. No point in having a bike you can't afford to ride.. It helps if you have a decent dealer nearby though
or just learn to do ur own service....

only time id take mine to a shop is if its something like tuning, checking valves, suspension, or any major engine work...

other than that, oil brakes, chain, all that can be done with less than $50 worth of tools and a manual... most expensive tool u should need would be a torque wrench...

oil changes shouldnt last more than 30 min.. nothing to them at all..

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'd get the 08 CBR1000.

Yamaha R6 - Excellent track weapon but not based on road riding.
Kawasaki ZX6r - Needs an overhaul urgently to get to the same level as the rest.
Suzuki Gsxr600 - just can't become a squid! Ok bike overall though.
Triumph 675 - a good alternative but watch for spares.
Ducati 848 - Supermodel - looks good but high maintenance, flaky & expensive.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
theres a lot of factors that go into buying a bike, obviously you just want a bike. personally after riding everything, in the last few years its honda hands down. a couple years ago i would have said the zx would be second but now i would say do what you can to get the RR but twist my arm i would say triumph followed by the r6 and forget the rest...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh, I'm well aware of the costs :toothy4: In my mind though, if you can afford them it's totally worth it. That's the only reason I'm not one one now though really, extra cost of the bike and services made it seem like not the best choice right now. I'll probably be picking one up in a few years though when my 600RR goes to track duty. They're just sexy machines and I can't stay away :toothy4: They aren't as bad as they used to be, aren't running around with desmoquattros anymore :icon_lol:

I know my local dealer pretty well, I buy a lot of my gear there and they specialized in parts for my old Kawi so I bought a lot of that stuff there too. I normally get a discount there so the service might not be as bad for me :toothy4:They also had a pretty good offer during a superbike sale last month, free Arai, free track school, free suspension setup, and $500. Right now they'll give you a free Termignoni carbon fiber slip on/race filter/ecu tune when you buy an 848 with a free track school and suspension set up. It's so tempting :icon_lol:

/rant haha

1 - 20 of 57 Posts