Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the red/black 08 and I can't decide what. Color to go with....smoke was my first choice but I'm nervous that I wont like the brightness.....what would you guys go with according to looks (and safety)? Can't do a poll cause I'm on my phone haha

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
For those on the fence about the smoked, we are doing another run of smoked lens now that will not be quite as dark as the first run. This will help with the led's cutting through the smoked lens. Will have updated pictures when they are completed and in the housing. As always clear/red are the brightest output with any light. T

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have smoked turn signals that I am 'content' with the brightness level (not thrilled....but content for sure) and I'm pretty OCD when it comes to matching. So naturally I wanted the smoked lens when I went to buy my Tripage IT, but I worried about the brightness as well so I went with clear (safety first, right?)

As someone who was sitting on the fence over what color lens to go with, seeing as Tripage is making the smoked lens MORE visible than it was...go with what ever lens you like best. No matter which one you go with, I'd bet you will be more than satisfied with the result of looks and brightness.

Clear lens was my LAST pick of the three until I had it on the bike.....I simply couldn't be happier with it.

Good luck on what ever you decide! You really can't go wrong with Tripage!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I do have a pearl white bike, but i would go with clear. it's the brightest one you can get, and when it's hidden away under your tail like that, it's not going to make a huge difference about what color it is when it's off.

I'm super happy with my clear one and Tripage is the BEST!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I too, was worried about brightness. So with my bike having a black tail, i went with a clear light. Its great. And it looks good.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i like the color of the smoke lens but after reading some of the earlier post, for safety reasons i would go with the clear ones.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Studies this thread a thousand times for IT and exhaust ideas haha. The reason I posted that last statement was that I can't find the red IT on a red bike
I posted mine, but here she is again:

I went with red because it resembles OEM and I felt it looked the cleanest. :cheers:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't like any of the pics of the smoke and I'm definitely leaning towards the red or clear. More so the clear. From personal experience would anyone recommend upgrading to the one with blinker options? I'm not worried about having anything fancy, just don't wanna run into issues

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted mine, but here she is again:

I went with red because it resembles OEM and I felt it looked the cleanest. :cheers:
Thanks B_M_F......really appreciate it. I'm in between the red and clear now. I just don't like.how dark.the smoke is. The clear and red both look good. Can't decide

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
We are currently out of smoked lens and our new run is about to get started. These new smoked lens will be lighter than the first run, I will update with pictures after it is injected.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, I would like to buy the $25 license plate bracket (and pay another 25 for the lit one). I was just wondering where the tag light wire is hidden or where you route it

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Led's in the hugger? Wire runs behind your right rearsets and then up into the battery tray. Only a couple inches are visible. T

1 - 20 of 22 Posts