Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So I have an '03 and have an older two bros pipe on it. I LOVE the sound of the twobros, however I am very irritated with the crooked-ness of the exhaust. I didnt care at first but now that i am putting an fe on it bothers me and from reading around that's common. I would love to get an akrapovic but it is out of my budget. So I kind of looking at the carbon fiber yoshimura rs5. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey! So I have an '03 and have an older two bros pipe on it. I LOVE the sound of the twobros, however I am very irritated with the crooked-ness of the exhaust. I didnt care at first but now that i am putting an fe on it bothers me and from reading around that's common. I would love to get an akrapovic but it is out of my budget. So I kind of looking at the carbon fiber yoshimura rs5. Any suggestions?

There are so many good exhausts out there it just depends on what your looking for. We can all recommend systems to you, but it will still come down to your budget and likes/dislikes. Yoshi is good, but so is Leo Vince (its what I have and I LOVE it), Jardine ect. Honestly do a search. You have many, many options. To help you with looks, go to the thread I posted a link to and look there.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32355

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have a jardine rt-1 on my 03 and i think it sounds pretty good...it might not be the best but if your on a budget you cant go wrong...i shortened mine 1.5" and its nice n loud...looks good too its tucked in well and flush with my tail

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the older two bros, and it is very noticeable how crooked it is. Plus the carbon fiber seems to be chipping off (bought it used). I've tried twisting the pipe some but doesn't seem to correct it at all

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Arrow, termi, arata, arka, micron. Look up YouTube for sounds.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
774 Posts
Stock ftw... Just keep it stock .and spend it on tires &gas
Like me riding in LA traffic with a stock exhaust is plain horrible. Nobody can hear me when i am revving for them to get out of my way on the freeway. Exhaust is pretty much needed in LA Traffic. So for now i am always on high beams

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the same way in Chicago my friend!

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's the same way in Chicago my friend!

yep!, so we need our exhaust. For Nutty in Alaska....there can't be to many cars....LOL.

And plus after riding with groups of riders with Exhaust, i feel my bike is a hybrid...(thinking...is my **** even on.....?????)

·
Registered
55 Posts
cant speak for an 03 but i have a leo vince on my 08..i run it with the baffle removed and i love it.. with a small twist of the wrist it gets their attention

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
yep!, so we need our exhaust. For Nutty in Alaska....there can't be to many cars....LOL.

And plus after riding with groups of riders with Exhaust, i feel my bike is a hybrid...(thinking...is my **** even on.....?????)
haha no in AK, we have shitty drivers as well, my pipe have save me a few time this season. cars coming into my lane and im like braaaw vrooom!!

and god damiit your sig is always. i want her all

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep the 2 bros. even though it sticks out like a big nose on an ugly chick.
Use the money saved to buy probably your next 2 sets of tires.
I just bought tires, it's going man I can't deal with the crooked-ness, and it's the old style two bros, this thing is beat up and looks like junk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts