Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust offers the biggest gains in horsepower and torque. Dyno charts showing both the stock set up and modified set up would be nice.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Most people say the Arata full system gives the best HP numbers, but there are a lot of cans out there.

Here's a link that has info on most exhausts: http://600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1

And if you didn't already guess, this question has been asked 1,000,000 times already, so search the forum to see what answers where given...

·
Registered
965 Posts
my GPR system gave me 105.7hp unmapped.. Id reccomend it.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Oh Gosh!!!...Like a broken record again!!!!

Here's another repetetive tip....DO a search!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alexm said:
Most people say the Arata full system gives the best HP numbers, but there are a lot of cans out there.

Here's a link that has info on most exhausts: http://600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1

And if you didn't already guess, this question has been asked 1,000,000 times already, so search the forum to see what answers where given...
Your right, and I've read a lot of pages over the past few weeks regarding peoples dyno numbers and their opinions. But most of the posts degrade into pissing matches over what dyno their bike was on, whether it reads high or low, which exhausts looks better, blah blah blah. I'm looking for factual information. Numbers.

Dyno charts showing before and after the exhaust was installed is preferrable. One would think this information could be found easily but because of all the posts blabbing about things other than actual facts, the real information gets lost in the superfluous number of opinions found on this website. Don't get me wrong, the site is awesome. I just haven't found a definitive answer as to which exhaust gives the bike the best gains.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I don't think most people pay for a dyno run on a pre-mod setup only because they're assuming it will be better afterwards. I agree with you that it's not an accurate way of measuring gains but when it comes to money most people just ignore the pre-mod dyno and opt to run it once.

·
Registered
66 Posts
use whatever one you like. Just take it to a good shop for the tuning, that will make the difference

·
Registered
606 Posts
even the numbers are crap. Its only as good as the guy tuning it. I like the idea of having facts though. ........oh yeah. ARATA

·
Registered
635 Posts
*coughSEARCHcough*

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yeah it's like these post never end do they...

Jason

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Buy them all, run some tests and let us know would ya?

Jason

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess with a site with almost 14,000 members I was assuming some fraction of those people must have gotten their bike dyno'd before and after they modified it.

Birdman, Is that 12hp gain in the dyno chart above just from an exhaust?

·
Registered
965 Posts
there would be a power commander involved there too..

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
That's is what makes me laugh about people quoting exhaust figures and how good XYZ is etc, hardly anyone dyno's their bike before and then after to see what they are gaining. Instead, they just compare a figure against someone elses (from a different dyno) and say "mine must begood coz it makes more power" LOL

The graph shown is stock vs system mapped. But from memory the mapping added 2-3h.p as a peak figure if that helps. And I have done various systems before and after and sell Arata systems for the reason that they out perform everything I have tested. Before them I used Micron systems for the same reason (serpent) BUT while giving good dyno numbers, they did not accelerate as fast or drive as hard off turns as the Arata's and some other systems do which is also something you need to look at. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts