Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all. If given the opportunity to buy either the 2005 600RR or the 2006 600RR brand new and the price difference were negligible, which would you pick and why? Is there any significant difference between the two cycles and if so, what?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
very small differences, none that you can really tell, internals and paint schemes... if you can get an 05 for alot less go for it, but brand new is cool then its only your baby and you treat her the way you should..

·
Registered
443 Posts
If the price difference was negligible, you should get the 2006 just for the resale value. If you're going to keep it for a long time, it won't matter much but if you are going to trade it in or sell it in a few years, the 2006 will be worth a good chunk more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wink600 said:
I would go new. I have bought my last 2 bikes here http://southernhonda.com/ Make the drive!
Ask for Patrick Langley if you talk to these guys, he will do you right. If you make the drive, do it during the week if you can. Weekends are a nightmare. They turn over about 100 bikes (units as they call them) on a Saturday during season.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Oilhead said:
If the price difference was negligible, you should get the 2006 just for the resale value. If you're going to keep it for a long time, it won't matter much but if you are going to trade it in or sell it in a few years, the 2006 will be worth a good chunk more.
+1

if your getting them for about the same price, get the 06. the resale value will be higher. unless the color you want is the 05 model, and you can't live without it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I heard the 06 has a better powerband..........they relocated it and made it out of titanium..........but like ceph said the 05 has the wheelie button. hmmmmmm hard decision.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Is the wheelie button next to the toolkit?

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Ceph said:
no way, those are way over priced. all you really need is some JB weld and a little dental floss.
sweet got pics? maybe you should make a tutorial. cause i searched google images and this is what i got

maybe i need a better search criteria then just "dental floss"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts