Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ride 200mi a day for work and all on my 08 rr but i was curious after a discussionif making my next bike a liter CBR. Anyone have experience, how was average gas mi, comfort, ect. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
From my experience, the 1000cc is much better for freeway.

1) it weighs more and therefore doesn't feel like your about to take flight as my 600rr does when winds it.
2) Way more power and lower revs and vibrations when cruising
3) Larger and more room = more comfort

Dang man! A 200mi a day commute!? I salute you bro!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dang, that is a long ways. I've only ridden my friends R1, and it was a bit more comfortable. Can't say on the 1000rr though.
It may be because I'm new to riding, but wind doesn't bother me yet, I just subconsciously adjust when that happens.

I have a 150mi/day commute and I'm contemplating buying a Shadow this year because of that. I know that doesn't answer your question in any way, but its just a thought...
A cruiser for commute/long trips, and my 600rr for when I want to go fast!

More importantly, when a girl asks what kind of bike you have, you can say, "What kind do you like?" lol.

·
Registered
431 Posts
More importantly, when a girl asks what kind of bike you have, you can say, "What kind do you like?" lol.
Not so hot - "the ones that only have a single seat."

Hot - "depends...how fast do you want to go?"

HAHA, nice Homestar Runner avatar! Love it!

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
i dont mind riding at alll.. but if i had 5 days a week of work and had to commute 200 miles a day.. i think i wouuld get the taste outa my mouth..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its really not bad. I have only ridden a sport bike so i maybe justuse to it. There have been some windy days so i can see that. I have a Givi mounted to the back seat which is extremely helpful. Keep them coming guys.

·
Registered
554 Posts
With a 200mi commute I would be more tempted to get something like a ninja or cbr250 and put some helibars and a hard case on it, even a gs500 or something. At 1k miles a week MPGz would be a bigger concern for me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you want a bike for a 200 mile commute that is still powerful and fun, the 05-08 Kawasaki ZZR600's are excellent. I Had one for my first bike and it was hands down the most comfortable 600 I have ever been on.

I have not ridden many liter bikes but the ducati 1198sp that my friend has that I have ridden is not comfortable at all.

The CBR600RR is the most comfortable of the modern 600's in my opinion.

Def agree with everyone else though, Maybe a 650? They are fun, get great gas milage, and very comfortable. Or how about the Ninja 1000 or CB1000?

I would of kept my ZZR if I had a long commute like that or possibly a 650.

Let us know what you choose

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not going cruiser, the cb1000r and 650 have zero wind protection and i dont wanna get blasted in the chest when going to Simi or Antelope Valley for work.
Ergos on the cbr1000 were very close to the 600rr and weight was centralized enough to make it feel like the 600rr.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ever try a Ducati Monster? I hear certain models sip fuel, like 70 mpgs
DON'T. There is a wind screen on the monster but it barely helps protect you. It's just there for looks. Anything over 80mph and it feels like walking thru a hurricane.

OP, if you could keep your current bike and get a 2nd bike I'd suggest something more ADV-ish for the commute.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
3) Larger and more room = more comfort
Seat height

2012 600RR is 32.3"
2012 1000RR is 32.3"

Wheelbase

2012 600RR is 53.9"
2012 1000RR is 55.0"

And finally,

2012 600RR

Rake (Caster Angle): 23.5°
Trail: 97.7mm (3.9 inches)

2012 1000RR

Rake (Caster Angle): 23.3°
Trail: 96.0mm (3.8 inches)

In other words, no, it isn't detectable larger at all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts