Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i got my bike out for the first run of the season yesterday! Very happy! Now i wanna get a slip on exhaust just to make a cool noise around town(and a few hp would be nice). What should i get? the arata, micron dual outlet or yosh? how much louder is the yosh over the other 2? which is louder the micron dual or the arata? Thanks.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have the Arata and it's loud but not too loud. My bud is about to get the dual Micron so I will have a side by side comparison soon. Both are great pipes but the Micron is a little heavier.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Micron, it's definitely loud, but what makes it sound better than Yosh is that it's very deep. I have friends with an Arata but not on a 600RR. Since I did my research and went with the Micron I would put them in this order..... Micron, Arata, Yosh.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Yosh is a mosquito compared to the Two Bros. Although that loudness can get a bit annoying sometimes. When Im on the freeway for long periods, I wish I had a button to quiet it down, especially around 7K.

I hear the D&D dual pipes sound sweet.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Don't get Yoshi. If you want loud get D&D or something...

Jason

·
Registered
266 Posts
Full Carbon Yosh with carbon endcone! Pisses my neighbors off! ans my roomies at 7am (oops) :tongue11:

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Its simple you want loud and nasty get the D & D
just make sure you wear ear plugs or you will be deaf
in no time

·
Registered
161 Posts
My M4 is really loud, but I am always in the 13000 rpm range at the track. I would just rivet a Bud Tall Boy can to the end of the pipe if you want loud.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just take off the stock can at the mid and blast it ! ! ! ! . . . . . . . that'll be plenty loud ! ! ! ! . . ..

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I have a Micron Slip on and its deff loud enough. After a long ride and getting high in the RPM range my ears will be ringing once I get home and take my helmet off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have d & d exhaust with headers and my bike is way to loud, i dyno'd it last week at a local bike night and put out 106 hp peak to the wheels, so it helped the powerband somewhat.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Most will probably do the trick. I have only heard a couple, and as far as loud they were all pretty close but they sound completely different

·
Registered
284 Posts
I honestly don't find my Arata to be that loud. I think the Micron will probably be the loudest of those three. The Micron has a distinctive brap sound to it, as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hows the yosh sound compared to other aftermarkets? is it nasty or clean sounding?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts