Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to sell my bike, and I'm hesitant about forking out 50 bucks for the cycletrader online if ebay is going to be the better option. What is the best way to go about this??

V

·
0 Posts
Did you put an ad in the local paper? No worrying about shipping and you can meet the buyer face to face..

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I've sold one bike through ebay with no problem. Shipping might be a concern but you can specify that pickup is the buyers responsibility or you can work something out before the auction ends.

The deal with ebay is you need to be really accessible in your description. There's so much dishonesty going on that the more contract information you put in the description the more willing people will be to work with you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent the local paper yet, but I'm going to. I have a feeling thats not gonna work though cause I always see the same bikes in the paper and it seems like nothing really sells from that. but you never know..
As for Ebay, yea I've heard the criminals ruin a lot of sales on there. too bad the dealers arent ratbastards and try to give you 2000 dollars for a trade in on a 5000 dollar bike....... :roll:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would not suggest Cycle Trader or any other similar sites. When I was trying to sell my 02 R6 for the RR I put it up on several different sites such as Cycle Trader. I had TONS of responses, but from scam artists. I had one guy that claimed to be an american living in Africa that wanted the bike. He said that he would take care of all shipping expenses and have a client in the states arrange a shipping company to come pick it up and send me a cashiers check. He sent me a cashiers check for $11,000 dollars, $6,000 for the bike and $5,000 for shipping. Well to say the least I was suspicious about someone sending a stranger 11k for a bike he has never seen, so I took it to the bank and had it checked out. The check was counterfit. Turns out that this was a scam that originated in Europe. This was the first occurance and I had 6 other guys E-Mail me that was almost worded word for word as the first. So I sold the bike to my friend who I work with. I wish you luck and be VERY CAREFULL please.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raneRR said:
I would not suggest Cycle Trader or any other similar sites. When I was trying to sell my 02 R6 for the RR I put it up on several different sites such as Cycle Trader. I had TONS of responses, but from scam artists. I had one guy that claimed to be an american living in Africa that wanted the bike. He said that he would take care of all shipping expenses and have a client in the states arrange a shipping company to come pick it up and send me a cashiers check. He sent me a cashiers check for $11,000 dollars, $6,000 for the bike and $5,000 for shipping. Well to say the least I was suspicious about someone sending a stranger 11k for a bike he has never seen, so I took it to the bank and had it checked out. The check was counterfit. Turns out that this was a scam that originated in Europe. This was the first occurance and I had 6 other guys E-Mail me that was almost worded word for word as the first. So I sold the bike to my friend who I work with. I wish you luck and be VERY CAREFULL please.
geeeeeezz.. thats not cool. yea, it's gonna have to be a face to face sale and I'm definatly checking out the money prior to turning over the keys... I just might killa man for stealing my bike like that..... :twisted:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hence my name; it's a 2000 triumph TT600. Not the fastest bike, but it was a very good bike to learn the basics of sportbiking on. now I want to step up to an all out 600. like an RR or a 636. oh yea, I'd also like to own a bike that you can get more parts for. that was my main gripe about the brit bike, hardly any aftermarket stuff......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts