Discussion Starter #1
i want to purchase a multimeter.
fluke is the prof. brand and runs from 200 to 500
craftsman and actron are about $30 to $70 bucks

which brand are you guys using???

·
Registered
183 Posts
i use the mac tools metor witch im told is a copy of a fluke i forget wich modle it is. stay away from the radio shac one they suck. i got mine for 250 so its a lil cheaper than a fluke

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Fluke hands down! Small job or big job it doesn't matter - you still want a meter that gives you reliable service for years. I bought my Fluke model 117 Electricians Multimeter off of ebay for $120.00USD and it was worth every penny.

Once you own a meter that is more than basic, you'll find yourself using it more than what you thought you would.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Being an electrician by trade, my life rest in my meter! And potentially tens of thousands of dollars rest on its accuracy. That's why nothing but a FLUKE will do!

Now if you are talking just for use on or bike or around your house, just about anything will do. Ideal, GB, Fluke, Greelee, etc...

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Agreed with what other says. Best digital multimeter is Fluke, but I can't afford it. I went with an analog multimeter instead. More accurate than digital for a cheaper price (to some extent), of course you don't get all the other functions like measuring amperes, connectivity, diodes, and so forth. I think I got it for less than $30. Burned 2 digital multimeter already by accident.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the responses.
I will be going with fluke because of its accuracy,
and it has several different functions.
better to buy once than twice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts