Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know i've said that i'm looking tward next summer for my RR, but darn it, its really nice out, i'm graduating in 3 days, i have my job lined up, and i just really want it!...(hanging out here isn't helping either)...so which of these, if any, is the best deal...

03 Red w/ dealer instaled Yosh.........7999
03 Black w/ dealer instaled Jardine...8099 (has been sitting there for awhile, was 9100)
04 Blue and black, stock..................................8599 each (that's MSRP right?)

so, obvously i've got my eye on the cheepest one, but is 8 flat still kinda alot for an 03?

BTW haven't talked to anyone yet, don't know any OTDs, these are just the numbers on the tags. word.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It really just boils down to what color you like and if you like the Yosh/Jardine sound/look.

If the 03s are brand new, I'd choose either one, I like both of those exhausts.

And 8g for the 03 seems reasonable with the aftermarket on there, but you can always bargain.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i'd say pick one of the 03's you like the best. have the stealership take off the pipe and have them nock off the price of the pipe and installation fees, which should be around $300-$400. get an pipe you like from ridersinc, install it yourself, and save a couple of hundred dollars... :mrgreen:

C

·
0 Posts
03 With Yosh. Without the Yosh it would be about $300 cheaper. So around $7700. I dont think that is bad if these are OTD prices. Definetly go with the 03 Yosh IMO.

U

·
0 Posts
Always get OTD prices, then you know what you're really dealing with.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
U should be able to talk down the MSRP. But since the '04 is an '04 it's a newer year even though there are few changes the resale on a '04 is better then an '03 even if you buy an '03 brand new because it is last years model. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. My gut feeling is to go with the black 03 because:

- black is my fav color
- i think Jardine is cool cuz thats what my guy #17's got, and
- because i think i can talk them down some since the bike has been there for quite along time.

But then again, i'm not sure because i've never heard the pipe (i'm not really into loud) and if i get an 03 black i'm gonna have to call tapeworks the very next day.

thanks for the imput. I'll go in and try to haggle some OTDs. I'll let you know what i find. :thumbup:

meanwhile, today's a great day for an F2 ride. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah, one other question i've had for awhile...

when dealing with a carbed bike i've always known that you had to rejet it when you went with a filter and pipe. With FI the solution is the powercomander. But it doesn't sound like everyone with a pipe is running a powercomander and frankly, i don't trust the thing with what i've heard and read. So, is there another way to "jet" the bike, or do you not have to worry about it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
whiteMcoupe said:
i just paid 7800 for an 04 rr with no mods.. my .02
man!!! those are OTD.. I got quotes for those prices but before taxes!! and tax here is high = NY.. it believe it is over 8 1/2 %.. soo there goes another 500-600 for the government.. gotta love them!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well guys, i'm thinking its a no go. Turns out the red one is used and got wrecked and put back together. I don't think so. one a bike is wrecked its never the same i think you all would agree. And they wont budge a bit on the black one. "we've already come down 1000...it is what it is...." or some BS....man, i'm bummed! and i really want a new one cuz i want to be the one to break it in, i don't want some :squid: 's bike.....guess i'll keep lookin'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts