Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so I am in the market for a new rear stand. Having never had one before, I know nothing about the differences in cheaply priced ones vs. the more expensive ones. Obviously, I could go to my local dealership and get a pitbull stand, and feel very confident that I am getting one of the best stands made, just from all the hype I've heard about them.

My only intention for getting a rear stand right now is to make cleaning my chain much easier. What kind of stands do you guys have? Is it necessary for me to go spend $150 on a stand, or just buy a cheapy one? What are the differences in the less expensive ones vs. the higher priced stands?

BTW, I know there have been multiple threads on stands, but I specifically wanted to hear you guys' experiences with your particular stand to help me make the right decision.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Dude..I have a Stand for sale. Its a 120.00 LP stand that im tryin to get rid of. Ill sell it to you or anyone else lookin for one for $60.00 + Shipping. Let me know. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I have front and rear pitbull stands and my tires only touches the ground when Im riding her... I love pitbull stand but if you are just going to use it for cleaning your chain just get a cheaper one...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
My experience on stands.....dont really need an expensive one. Im an idiot and bought one then my spool broke off so i cant use it anymore. I then bought a cheaper $60.00 rear stand with swingarm pads. My cheaper one works just as good as my the expensive one. But im sure other people on here with have other opiniions.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
CHEWKNOW said:
My experience on stands.....dont really need an expensive one. Im an idiot and bought one then my spool broke off so i cant use it anymore. I then bought a cheaper $60.00 rear stand with swingarm pads. My cheaper one works just as good as my the expensive one. But im sure other people on here with have other opiniions.
+1 I didn't spend over $80 for mine and I do a lot more than just cleaning the chain. They pay for themselves down the road anyways, you can do so much more yourself saving you hundreds on labor.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yeah...a stand is a definite MUST. I mean...ill come to your house and hold your bike in the air for 10 bucks if you dont wanna buy one. You just have to pay for air fare and lift tix to Vail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts