Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been off 2 wheels now for like 5 years since I totaled my Kawasaki-EX500. I have always loved Honda and specifiically CBRs. Lost my mind last year when the 600RR came out and I couldn't afford one. Now I want to know should I get a new or used? 03 or an 04? What has changed besides colors? How much $$$ can I save with a used bike, and how much risk am I taking versus getting a brand spanking new one? Any advice would be appreciated.

LP

·
Registered
936 Posts
no change from '03 to '04 besides the color. I would go for a left over 03 since it will be a lot cheaper. Im not crazy about used especially that you will not save a ton of money, but at least you will have the satisfaction of a new RR. I dont like buying someone elses problems. :bounce:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd go with an 03 unless you're stuck on blue. I try to refrain form buying used bikes. DOn't always know what ass owned it last and breaking in a new bike is satisfying for some reason.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I paying extra for the blue. I love that color for some reason. Plus I'm still seeing people getting bent over for 03 (price wise) compared to how much I can get the 04 for so.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I called my preferred dealer this morning. He quoted me around $8350 as a ride off price including tax (7% here) and all that other junk. Oh, and he only has a couple of yellows left. Is this TOO high? Gonna go talk with them next week and look at the individual numbers, the price of the bike, ect. I'm starting to get excited :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For those of you getting deals on the 04's, how are you getting such deals? Do you know somebody? Tactics? Help me out over here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd go with the '04. I've heard that price wise it won't be that much different. And if for some reason you had to get rid of it in a year or two, selling an 04 would be better than selling an 03.
Or you could go with the '03 since its THE ORIGINAL.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
get an 04.. with the prices that some dealers want for an 03 you can get an 04 for like $500 more and in the long run you are better off with the 04 for trade-in resale value..

its up to you, but for the prices, i opted for the 04 cuse i couldnt justify buying an 03 for like $400-$500 cheaper than the 04..

basically.. GET WHAT YOU WANT! dont let a salesman or anyone else sway your purchase...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts